Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL5 FR , 79s, shove at turn

Old
NL5 FR , 79s, shove at turn - Sun Mar 10, 2013, 08:16 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011

Maybe it is not right to call preflop since there is a chance of a raise afterwards.

On the turn, i thought that his range consists of sets, straights and flushes. I dedided to go all just to get calls from sets before another diamond, 5 or 6 comes.
Although, it does not make any sense not to have raised a set on the flop at such wet board. Maybe i was just steaming and wanted him to have only the hands i beat...

It was zoom,I did not have much info about him.
Stats:vpip 14/pfr 8/3bet 0/af 1/WTSD 19) over 121 hands.

Moreover, i would like to thank you for your good work. Your replies are great and detailed!

Last edited by 3revos; Sun Mar 10, 2013 at 08:28 AM..

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 01:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi 3revos,

Do we have any reads on V6? Are the players behind us aggressive? Passive? Loose? It's tough to comment on the preflop call without any info, this is a spot I would sometimes fold, sometimes call, and sometimes raise depending on the reads.

I definitely like the flop semi-bluff bet. I also like betting the turn for value, and the sizing is good on both accounts. I really don't like the shove once we get check-raised. The min-check/raise is often indicative of a huge hand on the turn. I'm not optimistic a tight-passive villain such as this will ever do this with a set or straight, I would expect him to have a flush a fair bit of the time here. Our over bet shoving makes it even more likely that when called, we'll be looking at a flush. There are very few flush combos worse than ours and many better ones, so I think the shove is too thin, even if he sometimes plays a set this way. I think I would just call, and plan to call his river bet unless a 4th diamond comes and he bombs it, and take our hand to showdown without playing for stacks given the way this hand has played and the turn strength he's showing.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com