Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Mar 10, 2013, 09:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi

I'm new to Pokerschoolonline, I would like to know if I qualify for this promotion.

Thanks
TDMiller86

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 08:16 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDMiller86 View Post
Hi

I'm new to Pokerschoolonline, I would like to know if I qualify for this promotion.

Thanks
TDMiller86
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 10:28 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi TDMiller86,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL full ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll builder session hand analysis - Tue Mar 12, 2013, 10:22 AM
(#4)

Hi was a bit unsure of this hand, I feel like I messed up somehow but not sure how. Could you please tell me where I went wrong or if could I of done something better?

thanks

Last edited by TDMiller86; Tue Mar 12, 2013 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: gramma

Old
Tue Mar 12, 2013, 02:52 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi TDMiller86!

The first tip that I'd give you for ring tables is that when sitting down, please wait for the BB. Paying an extra blind everytime that I sit down will be a very large drain to my bankroll over time.

Also, this hand is from a 6-max table, not a full ring table per the instructions. Once you receive a buy-in from this promotion, playing anything other than FULL RING will make you ineligible for earning any future buy-ins.

With A9 from the cutoff, I'm goign to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 3 limpers (including me from posting), I'll raise to 6BB or 12.

I totally miss the flop and have an opp make a just under 1/2 pot bet that is called by 2 other opps. Since I do not have a made hand here and any of these opps could easily have a Q or J, I am going to muck here. It's not worth putting chips into a pot where I know I'm behind. I'm much better off saving them for a better situation.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

P.S. Please let me know when you have attended the training session.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 09:56 AM
(#6)
Hi

Thanks for the feedback, I'm really sorry I wasn't aware I was at the wrong type of tables I was over eager to start playing. Could you please tell me how to get to the tables I should be on or a link on how to do so.

I've scheduled a 'getting started' live training session for Sat 16th it was the only one I can manage to get to because of the time difference

As for the A 9 I think I'll fold them in future until I have completed my course work/live training session

Thanks again

TDM

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 11:02 AM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi TDMiller86!

To get to the full ring games, you go to the same place in the client that you were at, but pick a 9 player table instead of a 6 player table.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 09:52 AM
(#8)
Hi

*smacks self in head*

I feel like such an idiot lol thanks

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 07:49 PM
(#9)
Hi Guys

Just wanted to let you know I've attended the getting started and the bet sizing live lessons today with Dave

I was going to attend the cash game lesson but I've got to be up early

TDM

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 08:32 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi TDMiller86!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 10:53 AM
(#11)
Hi guys

I've completed the poker basics course and passed the quiz

Is there anything else I can be doing in the mean time that you can recommend?

Cheers guys

TDM

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 12:06 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Brilliant TDMiller86!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 09:30 AM
(#13)
Hi guys

Here's a hand I wasn't to sure about;

I was keeping it respectable, sticking to the starting hand chart but every time I was in position I was getting crap hole cards so I decided to mix it up a bit. I checked the flop because I wasn't sure if I was behind to the Ace. Having watched the hand back I think this is where I may of gone wrong (and probably deviating from the s.h.c)

3 reasons to make a big bet are: Put pressure on an opponent, to bluff them off their hand and to gain value. Poor Dave must give that lesson in his sleep lol

I passed the cash game quiz you were right it was very tricky lol. I'm going to try squeeze a cash basics live lesson in this week it will hopefully take the intimidation factor out of cash games for me.

Looking forward to your reply

Many thanks

TDM

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 12:55 PM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi TDM! I'll take a look at this hand for you.

Poker requires a lot of patience and discipline. Sometimes we have sessions where we just can't get a hand, and even when we do, we miss the flop. You just have to stick with it. Here you have K6o in the cutoff, but this hand is not quite strong enough to play, even as a steal attempt. "Mixing it up" is something you can do when you have more experience and have good reads on your opponents, but here I think it's best to fold.

As played, you made the standard 3bb raise and got called by the SB. The flop is A75 and the villain checks. This is a good flop for a continuation bet, because that ace will scare all worse pairs. It will be hard for villain to make a profitable call without an ace, a flush draw or a straight draw with 86 or 64, but these last two hands are unlikely holdings. A half pot bet of 7c should be enough to win the pot when villain is weak, and doesn't hurt your own stack too much when you get called. (If villain calls or raises the flop, you shouldn't put another cent in the pot, as you have king high).
So the flop is checked back and the turn brings an offsuit 3. This card isn't a great one to bet when you want villain to fold, because if villain had an ace, a pocket pair or flush draw on the flop, he's still got all of those things. Because you didn't bet the flop, villain will presume you have no ace, so will feel good about his hand if he has something like 88 or 66. I don't mind your delayed c-bet in theory, because when villain has checked on two streets, he usually has nothing (maybe QJ or KT), so might still fold. You also picked up a weak straight draw. When he calls, small pairs are likely holdings, so you shouldn't put any more money into the pot unless you hit a king or a 4 (completing your gutshot) on the river.
You wisely checked behind the ace river, as all the hands that beat you will also call a bet there. If villain was on a flush draw all along, your king high might be best.

Overall you didn't play this hand too badly. The main thing to remember is to stay patient and only play hands that can hit a flop quite well, and if you were the pre-flop raiser, then you should nearly always bet the flop when villain checks to you.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 01:08 PM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello,

Fantastic TDMiller86!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 08, 2013, 11:00 AM
(#16)
Hi guys

Sorry to bother you but I have a question, Would it affect this promotion if I took part in the open league? if it does, I won't lol. I've read most of the S.T.T. course which is the reason I'm asking

Thank you

TDM

Old
Mon Apr 08, 2013, 11:47 AM
(#17)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi TD Miller86!

You can play in any freeroll tourneys that you want, but please do not play any tourney that has a cash buy-in.

Good luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com