Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Body Builder :D

Old
Body Builder :D - Mon Mar 11, 2013, 09:40 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi.
I would like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Tue Mar 12, 2013, 07:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madklans View Post
Hi.
I would like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 12, 2013, 11:33 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hello madklans,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step
Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Wed Mar 13, 2013 at 11:20 AM..

Old
Sat Mar 16, 2013, 03:19 PM
(#4)
hello...
1.I watched both videos and understand all.
2.I finished the Poker Basic course. But in Poker Assessment quiz i got only 80% correct answrers.
3. In my early career of poker i lost all of my play money and now i cant post my "Play money" hand.(because I do not have enough money to play) What should I do?

Last edited by madklans; Sat Mar 16, 2013 at 03:24 PM..

Old
Sun Mar 17, 2013, 12:34 AM
(#5)
When you need more play chips, just click on the "chip tray" in the top middle of the game table. A box will pop up and at the top right of the box there will be a button which says "Add more chips." Just click on this button. The client will reload up to 1,000 chips a maximum of 3 times per hour.

Good luck at the tables.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Play money hand - Sun Mar 17, 2013, 06:16 AM
(#6)

whether I did the right choice folds at the end?
If I had not folded, I would have won.
But maybe I should have from the beginning to fold when my Reise re-raise???

Last edited by madklans; Sun Mar 17, 2013 at 06:21 AM..

Old
Sun Mar 17, 2013, 10:00 AM
(#7)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 17, 2013, 11:58 AM
(#8)
Thank you

Old
Sun Mar 17, 2013, 12:26 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi madklans!

With JT from the hijack and two limpers in front of me, I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With two limpers, I'll raise to 5BB or 10 chips.
There is then a raise to 14 and with four others in the pot, I'll gladly call and see the flop.

The flop totally misses me and with four opps that could have hit a part of it, I'm happy to check and hope to see a free turn card.

The turn gives me a flush draw and when it checks to me, once again, I'll check and hope to get another free card. Another option here is if the opps have shown a tendency to fold, with a flush draw and gutshot straight draw, I could make a pot-sized bet here to try and eliminate some of the opps.

The river gives me a flush and an opp leads out for just under 1/2 pot. If this opp has been playing extremely tight, they probably have a larger flush and I'll need to fold. However, if the opp has shown any non-premium cards in the past, I'm going to call the 34 chips and hope that my flush is higher. The same with the small raise from the button. If they have shown anything marginal at all, I'm calling and hoping that my flush is the highest one.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 17, 2013, 12:45 PM
(#10)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 17, 2013, 02:41 PM
(#11)
Thank you for answer.
I basically did almost everything right? I had not played for a long time with these people and I could not identify what players they are. That is why I was afraid, and fold.

Old
Sun Mar 17, 2013, 02:42 PM
(#12)
Thank you for answer.
I basically did almost everything right? I had not played for a long time with these people and I could not identify what players they are. That is why I was afraid, and fold.

Last edited by madklans; Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 01:04 AM..

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 04:50 AM
(#13)
Hi
1.Player may want to make a big bet:
*to protect against strong draws
*to gain value from very strong hands
* to put a lot of pressure on opponents
2.I pass the Cash Game quiz.

Im in BB and my hand is weak so i just check. In flop comes out J... But i'm not in position and usually bet scares away players so i just call when aggressor c-bet. When came out second J i was pretty sure i'm a winner. But i don't know how much i should bet in situations like that?! So i just overbet.

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 10:14 AM
(#14)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 01:42 PM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi madklans! I'll take a look at this hand for you.

J7 offsuit is a junk hand. About the only time I'll play it is if I'm in the big blind and can see a flop for free, like you could here.
You flop top pair, but your kicker is terrible. However, the other two players only limped pre-flop, so probably have weak hands. I like to lead out here. It's hard to flop pair in holdem, so when you do, you should usually make a bet, hoping to get called by a worse hand such a draw. On this board, villains could have flush/straight draws with hands like T9s or 76s. So I'd make a value bet here.
As played, villain 1 bets 2/3 of pot. The standard play with your weak top pair is to call here, like you did. If villain has a jack with a better kicker, you're in trouble. If he has a set of 8s or 5s, you're in terrible shape. The other caller can have a pair too, or one of the numerous draws.
The turn is a small card, a 4 that figures to miss everyone, unless a villain had 76s. The bets are small again, so it doesn't seem as if anyone's hand improved here.
On the river, you make trips. You often have the best hand, because it's unlikely someone else has a jack, but if someone had a small pair that made a set, then they now have a full house.
Leading out for value is good, but it will be horrible if you get raised, as you'd usually be beat. If villain 1 has been bluffing all the way, perhaps with a draw, then you could check to induce him to put some more money into the pot, then call his bluff, but leading out is best if villains are passive.

Your overbet is actually a big mistake. When you overbet like that, you're not getting value. Worse hands will fold, and only the nuts will play. When you think you have the best hand, but expect villains to have much weaker holdings, then a smaller bet is best. Something like 12c might get looked up by second pair.
The basic idea is this: When we have the best hand, we don't want worse hands to fold. We want them to call. Your valuebets will therefore get called if you set a good price.

On the whole, you played this hand fine. It was just the overbet that was a bit silly. It might have been the case that both villains had flush draws that missed, so they were never calling a bet on the river whatever sizing you chose, but trying to get calls on the end should be your priority here.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 22, 2013, 03:30 AM
(#16)
Thank u so much. I already had an inkling that it was silly to overbet.

Old
Fri Mar 22, 2013, 11:33 AM
(#17)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com