Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Online Events /

MicroMills vs SCOOP

Old
MicroMills vs SCOOP - Mon Mar 11, 2013, 06:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
I'm looking into what to use my tickets for that I won in WBCOOP. Looking at last year's schedule it looks like there was only one SCOOP event that you could buy in to with $5.50. If I have more than one of these tickets should I be using them in the MicroMills? What about the larger tickets? Is MicroMills a softer field? Easier to cash in? I'm new to playing events this year and just want to turn these tickets into a few dollars for the bankroll. Or maybe I should just sell them (is that allowed?). Let me know your general impressions of the two series since I have no experience in them.
Cheers!

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 07:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
There's nothing in MicroMillions that I can use $16.50 SCOOP ticket on. I have a handful of $5.50 tickets also, but there are only 12 MicroMillions events I can play in my timezone and only six of them are $5.50. I went into "Tournament Tickets" and only $5.50 events show up, so I assume I can't use a part of ticket.
I didn't realise there could be limited SCOOP events for that entry fee, good info.

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 09:16 PM
(#3)
there was one $5.50 tournament and no $16.50 tournaments in SCOOP last year, so I'm thinking they're going to change the structure for this year as our bigger prizes currently have no value.

Old
Tue Mar 12, 2013, 06:25 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2012
I'm certainly going to be using my $5.50 ticket on a Micro Millions event. I've never played in the SCOOP but have played in Micro Millions. I know the MM have a lot of fairly soft fields and get the impression SCOOP is a bit tougher. I'm sure the schedules will be up soon and you can have a look to see what's best to play. And just think of it as a free shot at making some money, all you have invested is time, enjoy it!

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 12, 2013, 06:48 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
I've been wondering about the same thing.

I asked support whn the 2013 SCOOP shedule would be released. They simply replied that it isn't ready yet.

Last year's schedule included $27 tourneys, for example. Yet, the 2013 WBCOOP offered $33 tickets. The same goes for the $16.50 tickets as Evoke mentioned. I highly doubt they are giving us useless tickets. So, I too, expect to see a few changes in this year's schedule.

ATM, I'm just looking for tourneys with formats I like at times I can play, but I would expect the MicroMillions to have more weak players than the SCOOP events.

MicroMillions Event 4: $5.50 NLHE Zoom, Turbo has definately caught my eye...

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 01:51 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
I think I'll definitely use the $11 ones on the MicroMills Sunday Special events. I'll try to make time for a few of the $5.50 ones too but I'm not sure I'll be able to. Bad timing for me.

Old
Sat Apr 20, 2013, 06:24 PM
(#7)
I was just looking at the finalized SCOOP schedule, and wondering what the deal is with the WBCOOP prizes compared with the SCOOP buy-ins. Only one $5.50 available (and I know a lot of people earned more than one $5.50 ticket), and no $16.50 or $33.00 buy-ins at all. Are there satellites where those tickets can be used, or are there a bunch of people now stuck with useless tickets if they didn't use them in MicroMillions?

I'm almost glad now for my miserable performance in WBCOOP, saved me from having to make decisions/investigations now.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 20, 2013, 06:46 PM
(#8)
all prizes that don't correspond to tournaments got automatically converted to $T.

Old
Sun Apr 21, 2013, 09:54 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvokeNZ View Post
all prizes that don't correspond to tournaments got automatically converted to $T.
That's pretty good, then!

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com