Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6 Max Flopped Straight

Old
10NL 6 Max Flopped Straight - Tue Mar 12, 2013, 10:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Villain's 24/20, AF:2.9 over 660 hands. F3B: 46%(24), FSqz(C): 0%(1), Flop FCB(3bet pot): 67%(3), Flop FCB: 58%(19)

On the spot I was thinking by going all in, there're worse which can call us like AK and AQ. AJ, JJ and TT would probably have raised the flop since it was a wet flop.

Also, SPR is 3. OTT we got less than pot size stack left.

Surprisingly when I input Pokerstove, our hand against JJ-TT,AJs+,AJo+, we're only 38% OTT.

So how big is it a mistake going all-in OTT? Was my ranging accurate?

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 06:22 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Preflop KQs is definitely good enough to call. I would consider squeezing more if one of the villains is weaker and likely to call a 3bet with worse.

As played I think I'd check the turn for shoving looks really strong and may get us called only by better or AQ (need to discount AK because of preflop play). With just a potsized bet left I woulnd't plan on folding the hand but I think that we need to keep villain's range wider by x/c turn or jam river after turn goes x/x.

Live Trainer

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 11:11 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
Thanks! X/c, keeping his range wide is a good idea. He turned up with AJo though

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com