IMO......thats how you set up a fish.....hehe... too bad the fish was me...lol

cheers all

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 12:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
1 outer sic cooler eff.

Can't give you the fish badge (for that one at least )

They'd have stacked me too, and probably about 99.9% of the rest of the player pool.

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 12:09 PM
(#3)
**moved to bad beats**

Happens to all of us, lol.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 12:58 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Please mod......

I did not post this in the bad beat section......as I do not believe in bad beats, IMO...it's poker, you have to understsand
things happen in poker.

Please take this out of the bad beat section.

I posted in the learning section to show what can happen some times when your trying to trap, also how well he played this hand against me.

cheers

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 01:10 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
Please mod......

I did not post this in the bad beat section......as I do not believe in bad beats, IMO...it's poker, you have to understsand
things happen in poker.

Please take this out of the bad beat section.

I posted in the learning section to show what can happen some times when your trying to trap, also how well he played this hand against me.

cheers
+1 on the moving it back and yes he played his hand well... but so did you eff

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 01:31 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Eff,

If you'd like me to move it to the brags section, I can do that. It needs to be either in bad beats or there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 01:37 PM
(#7)
well....l didn't post it as a bad beat, and it isn't a brag...

The way I see it...it's a teaching thing on trapping,

but do as you see fit.....as long as it does not stay in the bad beat section,

cheers

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 01:42 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Eff,

When I get a hand like that, I try leading the flop to start building the pot. Any way you look at it though... we're ALL going broke on it!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 04:07 PM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2011
If you're planning to trap, just check-call, don't check-raise. After raising UTG, the check-raise looks super-strong. If villain has less than a set or the nut flush draw, he's probably folding to the check-raise, as you're basically saying "I have AA or top set".

If you want to get a street of value from hands like JJ-99, then check-calling gets that if villain decides to bet, but you may as well make an ordinary c-bet, as most villains will peel one off anyway. Since there's also a flush draw out there, you want to charge any draws.

Like John, with this flop I'm leading out as normal. Getting fancy can get you into trouble, and often misses value.

(Obviously, all the money was going into the middle on this hand, but imagine if villain had TT. Think about how to get value from hands like that.)

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 04:42 PM
(#10)
oh really......thx

hiccup

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 06:00 PM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
just watch your movies with a beer, Eff

cheers

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 07:56 PM
(#12)
That's what the Hell you get for stepping out of your comfort zone and playing something besides 72 or your other favorite hand (I'll keep that one under wraps for ya...we cool like dat...).

Seriously though eff,the ONLY way I would call you a fish on this hand is if you DIDN'T get stacked. Gotta find a way to get the stacks in the middle here 1000 times out of 1000. Villain is going to have the quads here so few many times that this is going to be hugely profitable given all the other hands he can have here that we DO get paid off on.

Well played by both I would say,though I do lean to JW and Arty's line of leading out first,but you may have observed reasons to believe your line was better with this player as well.

Tough hand there bro.

Old
Fri Mar 15, 2013, 08:56 AM
(#13)
Nothing but a cooler.

Neither you nor villain played this hand incorrectly.

You'd only be a fish if you folded the hand.

Old
Fri Mar 15, 2013, 03:25 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokyPokyToo View Post
**moved to bad beats**

Happens to all of us, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Eff,

If you'd like me to move it to the brags section, I can do that. It needs to be either in bad beats or there.

John (JWK24)

After a couple days of trying to rationalize the thinking here...well I'm sorry guys,but I don't.

Had eff titled the thread with some inane question with which too many threads in the Hand Analysis section ARE titled (like..."how do I not go broke here?"...) would this hand have been allowed to be there?

Guarantee I can find plenty of hands in Hand Analysis that are really naught but bad beat/cooler gripes that have been not only allowed to stay there,but indeed dissected as well.

Some consistency is in order IMO.

Thank you.

Old
Sat Mar 23, 2013, 02:45 PM
(#15)
So Mods,when I point out the obvious inconsistency of moving eff's thread here to a non-educational area of the Forum while you let Tagging's bad beat gripe (no offense intended to Tagging...) stay in the Hand Analysis section instead of any debate,any discussion,any explanation you just REMOVE the post as if it never existed.

That's beyond weak.

And it tells me and anyone that saw the post that I'm on point in calling you on this as well.

Or maybe you can explain to us how eff's post here is considered to be non-educational,while a thread titles "How can I win if this keeps happening?" and then showing 72o beating KK and not asking for any discussion of any play in the hand that should be examined IS a proper Hand Analysis offering.

Should I make popcorn or is this going to be swept under the rug as well?

You know effsea has been as valued a member of this community as anyone,EVER. And I look at the consideration he's received here from the staff while seeing a relative newcomer be given beyond the benefit of the doubt in the placing of their post and I can't help but feel there's an agenda at work here. And I'm NOT the only one who sees this or feels this way about it either. Maybe were eff to behave like a badly unhinged,petulant 5 year old he could get more "traffic" to his offerings and therefore more favor from the staff here.

At this point I do feel that maybe I'm wrong on one point...you ARE showing consistency.

Just in all the wrong ways.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com