Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Mar 13, 2013, 01:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi!
I would like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 02:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashunea221 View Post
Hi!
I would like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 11:11 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hello sashunea221,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus:

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 01:12 PM
(#4)

I had top pairs after flop and called, going all in.
Finally I lost my money.
How do you like this play?

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 04:02 PM
(#5)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 04:22 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sashunea221!

With AQ preflop on the button, when it gets to me, I'm going to make a standard open raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 3 limpers, I'll raise to 6BB or 180. I'm in position and AQ plays better against less players, so I want to try and get some of the marginal hands to fold.

I flop top 2 pairs and have a bet and raise in front of me. I'd like to re-raise here, but since I don't have the chips to, I'll call and be all-in. I'd like to raise to try and get some of the opps to fold, but without the chips to do so, I can't. There is a straight and flush draw out there, so I'd like to try to get someone with them out of the hand so there are less cards that can beat me on the turn and river.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 07:53 AM
(#7)
Thanks for your quick feedback.
As I understood I should bet with that kind of pocket cards when in position and have only limpers in front of me.
Hope this will help.

So what's next now?

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 10:49 AM
(#8)
Hi sashunea221,

Please let us know when you have watched the video and passed the poker basics quiz. Then we can proceed with the next step.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 11:35 PM
(#9)
Hi,

I've already watched the video and passed the basic poker quiz.

Regards,
sashunea221

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 12:30 PM
(#10)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 04:18 PM
(#11)

I lost about 1$ in this hand.
My actions were ok from my point of view.
Still I lost the money
Bad beat?

By the way I passed the Cash Game quiz
I also watched the video and here is the answer to the question:
We may want to make a big bet
-->to put a lot of pressure on opponents
-->to gain value from very strong hands
-->to protect against strong draws

regards,
sashunea221

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 06:45 PM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Sash!

You experienced a bad beat in this hand, but I'm afaid your action early on in the hand was not optimal. You can definitely learn something from this hand.
It's generally a bad idea to limp into a pot by calling the big blind. If we're playing a hand, we're either entering the pot with a standard raise (3bb) with a strong hand, or we're calling a raise with a speculative hand like a pocket pair or a suited connector. JT offsuit is neither strong enough to open-raise, or good enough to call a raise. (The suited version is better, but I'd still never play it in middle position. See the lesson at http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...-the-pot-poker)

When you limp, someone with a strong hand is likely to raise and you'll probably have to fold, or play the pot out of position, which is neither fun or profitable.
So I'd just fold pre-flop in this situation. As played, the button raises. Here is your second chance to fold your weak hand. The button has position on you, so you're in a bad spot.
As played, you call. The flop isn't terrible, as you have a gutshot straight draw. Nevertheless, if villain bets, you should fold now.
The flop is checked back and you get a free card. Amazingly, you hit your 4-outer and make Broadway. Since you have the current nuts, it's time to bet for value, hoping to get paid by a pair or a draw. Villain might have two clubs for the flush draw, and you don't want him sucking out cheaply. You bet half pot. This is OK, but you've seen the video above and said it yourself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashunea221 View Post
You have the nuts, and villain could have a pretty strong hand or draw himself, so I'd like a bet that is close to the size of the pot. Something like 15c at least.
This bit of advice turns out to be academic, because villain raises anyway, but if he called with a flush draw, but doesn't hit it on the river, he won't give you any more money. So you need to maximise your value with the nuts on the turn, while villain still thinks he has a chance to win the hand.
When villain raised to 30c, another raise from you (a 3-bet) is the right play, but again, make it a BIG raise. You want to bet as much as you think this guy will call. Since he just raised and only has 41c left in his stack, he's never folding here. Put him all in, so he's making the biggest mistake possible: going all in with the worst hand.
Finally the stacks are in the middle and you see a river. Villain hits a 5-outer to make a full house. That's pretty sick. On the turn, there were so many hands that beat his two pair (AA/KK/33/AK/AQ/JT) that he shouldn't be stacking off there. His hand was very far from the nuts (which you had).

So, as I said, you were unlucky here. You got your money in good, and villain sucked out, but he was actually beating you pre-flop and on the flop. You shouldn't really have been in the pot in the first place. Next time you get JTo in middle position, just fold it, so you can avoid trouble spots like this.

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 01, 2013, 04:10 PM
(#13)
Hi,

thanks for that detailed hand analysis.
Very interesting analysis indeed...
The reason I decided to limp into pot and lately call the raise is I had a long period with only trash hands coming.
So Jd offsuit seemed to me a reasonable one at least to see the flop.
As I was not raised after the flop I continued.
It was an interesting experience anyway.
In the end its all that really mater .

So whats next now?
I passed the Cash Game quiz
I also watched the video and here is the answer to the question:

Waiting for good news,
sashunea221.

Old
Mon Apr 01, 2013, 09:13 PM
(#14)
Hi,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com