Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL,FR - AA multiway OOP

Old
5NL,FR - AA multiway OOP - Wed Mar 13, 2013, 04:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011

I think there is some value in c-betting (just from draws). Though on the turn, i should just give up and check-fold, since there are not many worse hands to call, right?
All opponents were unknown.

Last edited by 3revos; Wed Mar 13, 2013 at 04:09 PM..

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 06:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Another line could be c/c turn, c/f river.

Sets would have raised us on the flop, so his call makes us think his hand is a draw or some TP kind of hands, but I'm not sure I can see alot of T9, AT, QT, JT in his range without any stats.

The turn fills one of his draws, but could also potentially give him a hand like TP+Draw something like QJ/KQ that floated flop or added equity to his hand with something like ATd.

I think when we check two things could happen:
1. He checks back, we b/f river
2. He bets, we call, and c/f river

Either way we are still getting information but less expensively compared to betting IMO.

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 08:26 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi 3revos,

Yuck! It's not often an UTG raise gets 3 callers. Pre-flop and flop is perfect. With so many callers, it's fairly likely one has a flush draw, so you made a nice bet for value and protection, and got heads up.

From here, I think geo's analysis is spot on. While betting the turn is sound in that you can make a relatively easy fold when raised, the river could be very tricky if villain just calls, because you won't know if villain is slowplaying a flush, has a hand like top pair, or was still drawing.
So I like checking the turn. We can call a small bet or fold to a big one (especially if villain is normally a passive player), and sometimes see the river for free, where we can bet-fold safe cards.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com