Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Mar 13, 2013, 04:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi there. I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to get 8$ free cash to start my carrer. What should i do next?

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 08:55 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionVP View Post
Hi there. I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to get 8$ free cash to start my carrer. What should i do next?
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 11:10 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 12:21 PM
(#4)

Hello.
My english is not very well but I hope you will understand me.
I realize that my first mistake is small raise preflop because there is 3 players before me, but I want to know your oppinion?

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 12:32 PM
(#5)

i think he was waiting for flush, what do you think?
What you suggest to do in this situation, do i raise more or less?

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 12:39 PM
(#6)

How do i play this hand to profit more?

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 01:54 PM
(#7)
Hello. I finish all 3 steps you gave me.
1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.
What is next?

Old
Sat Mar 16, 2013, 08:19 AM
(#8)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Sat Mar 16, 2013, 08:43 AM
(#9)
Hi,

What where your reads on the villain?
Sitting on this stack depth and position, it's worthy of seeing a flop at a relatively affordable price. I agree the villain might have had a range of flush combos in their range, so our course of action should be to get value from that range! Well played, I like your bet sizing post flop!

What where your reads on the villain?
Holding a suited broad way hand in this position on deep stack depth is a great situation. I like how you raised 5x to try and isolate the early position limper, by doing this it's ensuring that we could possibly get the pot heads up and improve our equity vs. a "limping range" usually perceived as a weak range.

The flop comes rainbow and we have top two pair, we can either check to induce a worse range to bet and then proceed by just flat calling their bet or take an aggressive line by check raising.

On the turn, our bet sizing is just a tad to big, there is no need to be afraid of the flush draw/straight draw as those range of combos have such a small amount of equity in the pot! I would have made the sizing 2/3 to 3/4 pot size to get value from a weaker range of holdings such as those draws mentioned above and possibly from Tx or Ax.

The river doesn't bring a card that really pushes us off of our hand..the stack to pot ratio is perfect to get stacks in! Very nice and pot! Well played!

Please only post full ring (9-max) ring game hand replays and not tournament hands, as your training is focused primarily on ring games (full ring).

Thank you for your patience!

Kind Regards,
CannonLee

Old
Sun Mar 17, 2013, 01:21 PM
(#10)
bluff

Old
Sun Mar 17, 2013, 02:52 PM
(#11)
I lost over a half of my BR.
List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?
1. protect the hand
2.Put a pressure
3. Bluff

Old
Mon Mar 18, 2013, 03:47 AM
(#12)
Hi,

What where your reads on this villain?

Sitting in the big blind with a very strong holding With two limpers I'd make my pre-flop raise size 10c to 12c (3x the big blind + 1bb for each limper) this is for pure value, as our hand will play very well versus a limping range.

On the flop, I'd elect to bet 2/3 or 3/4pot and try to get value from a wide range of flush draw combos or the occasional Ax float. Keep in mind, a limping range is usually a weak range.

The turn is a tricky spot when the villain raises our turn continuation bet, effectively the villain has set up the stack to pot ratio for what would appear to be a river jam if we flat call the turn..this really put's us in a tricky spot as we nearly have identical stack depths..the villain could possibly have limped
a pocket pair and have a set (3 of a kind) or the completed two pairs..

On the river, readless, I'd maybe cry call this spot..based on their bet sizing..it looks like they do not want a showdown, the villain could easily have a range of 8x (A8 K8 Q8 J8 T8 suited and non suited) or busted flush + straight draws

It's very important to take notes on the villains at the table and observe the table dynamic, as this will help determine our course of action versus certain villains and make the hand analysis more informative.

Hope this helps.

Please take the Cash Game Quiz >>click here<< and let me know you've passed it and your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Last edited by CannonLee; Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 03:50 AM..

Old
Mon Mar 18, 2013, 07:14 AM
(#13)
I wasnt sure what to do. I decide to fold because I scared to lose all my stack in just one hour playing.

Last edited by LegionVP; Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: corect

Old
Mon Mar 18, 2013, 07:36 AM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Please let us know as soon as you pass the Cash Game course.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 10:36 AM
(#15)
Hello.
I passed the Cash Game Course,
play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
and watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 08:39 PM
(#16)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 06:45 AM
(#17)

Limp in too much

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 12:19 PM
(#18)

The villain is aggressive player.
This is my third time to lose chips with strong hand, first with JJ, after QQ and then with KK :S
Im so disappointed.

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 01:59 PM
(#19)
Hi,

Doesn't flop to well and should generally be played in a small pot. the only advantage we with this hand is position (the button) When we raise this hand there is such a wide range of Ax that has us beat and A8/below we will most likely be splitting with these hands depending on the board texture.

As a rule of thumb, let's try and semi-bluff to equity as opposed to a stone cold bluff. You overall line post flop looks convincing..but should be proceeded with caution and entirely dependent on reads.

What where your reads on this villain?

Everything seemed standard, pre-flop, flop and turn but on the river that is a different story especially considering the middling board texture(flush and straight).

How active has this villain been in previously played hands? Even though we are getting a nice price to call the river, what range of hands is the villain
capable of going all in with on the river for value? Any flush combos, straight combos, two pairs and sets.

Hope this helps.

Also do not be discouraged about losing, you are doing very well so far and have been making very good decisions at the tables, I look forward to training you!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 03:07 PM
(#20)
The hand with KK, player shows too much limp in and agressive style, so i decide to call him because he bluff last hands a lot. And also I think I liked too much KK, the emotions takes me and I desperately call on the river

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com