Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

NLHE..late in tourny(is this bad move on my part,) ...both of us had low stacks

Old
NLHE..late in tourny(is this bad move on my part,) ...both of us had low stacks - Thu Mar 14, 2013, 01:07 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 03:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi soletitbe!

The question I'd have here is whether this is a cash tourney or a league game? The reason I'd ask this is that I'd need to play them totally differently.

In a cash tourney with 6.5BB, I'm going to shove AJ over the limp here all day long. I'm too short of chips to do anything else.

However, if this is a league game, I'm just going to flat here and I'm not going all in without a made hand. I need to do whatever I can to last as long as possible to get more and more league points for the monthly leaderboard.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 05:14 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
Hi JWK24,

Yes it was a league game,so me bad.So use to shoving with less then 10 big blinds in PS tournaments.Hope it don't come back to bite me on the rear end, when all is said an done. Finished the tournament in 23rd place out of 131 players(a few points for cashing) but i should have folded like you said.

I just finished another and grinded out a few more places by not shoving when i was low stack. There was 189 players that started in that one. Was low stack with 20 players left and i finished in 17,th ( few more points for cashing) but better yet, the 3 extra places might move me up a bit. Will see when they update it.

Ty and GL to you at the tables.

Johnny aka soletitbe

Last edited by soletitbe; Thu Mar 14, 2013 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com