Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Which limit i easier to play

Old
Which limit i easier to play - Thu Mar 14, 2013, 06:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
no limit
pot limit
fixed limit

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 06:57 PM
(#2)
according to me its fixed limit

Old
Fri Mar 15, 2013, 01:22 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
** moved to Poker Education and Beginners Questions**

Hi Ron,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO.

The structured betting format in limit holdem simplifies decision making. Pot limit is a kind of hybrid between limit and no limit. If you like limit holdem, give the Hawkings freerolls a try.

Please feel free to look around the forum and post any further comments or questions you may have.
Good luck at the tables!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 15, 2013, 01:31 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Ron!

It's going to depend on the player and their particular style of play. Some people will be better at limit, some at PL, some at NL and just because you're good at one doesn't mean that the others will fit. It will depend on knowledge of the games and playing styles.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 15, 2013, 01:57 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
I'm making the assumption that you are going to be playing cash games. So here are my observations:

1 --- Limit games -- with a formal betting structure, a limit game will offer you a chance at playing more hands. You will know right from the beginning the maximum amount that can be wagered. If you have a low risk aversion, this game could be the best choice. Though losses are limited, so are your gains. It offers the best chance at learning on the cheap.

2 --- pot games -- As stated earlier, these games are a hybrid of limit and no-limit games. However, don't be fooled into thinking your losses will be controlled. It only takes one or two pot bets to turn a particular hand into an all-in situation. The downside is that many times a pot bet will have players dropping out and leaving you with little profit. You need to develop a betting strategy that entices when you have a hand and a willingness to fold potential hands due to the betting.

3 --- no limit -- If you have played the PSO league games, the many freerolls, or tournaments, you're familiar with this style. The same kind of crazies you hate will inhabit ring games. Money management and a proper read on the cards will give you the greatest opportunity at gains. Just remember the greater the gain, the higher the risk.

When Americans could play, I found the lower the cost, the greater the number of maniacs. In low priced no limits, I found almost every hand an all-in. Players push hoping to hit a big pot. Limit games encourage the river rat, so you may find it harder eliminating players.

Good luck on the virtual felt.

Old
Fri Mar 15, 2013, 05:43 PM
(#6)
I played fixed limit for around 6 years then about 2 years ago switched over to NL which I enjoy more.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
passed quiz - Fri Mar 15, 2013, 08:17 PM
(#7)
hi i have passed the sit n go quiz
but i have made the deposit before passing the quiz with no code can i get something on pokerstars

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com