Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder Promotion

Old
Bankroll Builder Promotion - Thu Mar 14, 2013, 07:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Hello,

I would like to participate in this bankroll builder program, but I don’t know if I’m eligible for this promotion? I’m already playing PokerSchool Open League and I have $1 on my account from this league. I didn’t make any deposit yet.
Thank you for answer.

Regards,

Mirtech

Old
Fri Mar 15, 2013, 05:18 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtech View Post
I would like to participate in this bankroll builder program, but I don’t know if I’m eligible for this promotion?
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 15, 2013, 05:11 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hello Mirtech ,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 16, 2013, 12:09 AM
(#4)
Hello,

I have watched video and here is my hand from Play Money Table.

It was my third hand at this table and I have been on dealer position so I have raised and re-raised again all in. I’m not sure about betting pattern – if it was correct or not.
Some players play “Play Money Tables” very crazy. Villain_6 had 5d 8s.

Thank you for your comments.

Also, Poker Basic Course looks complete; I did it some time ago.

Regards,

Mirtech

Old
Sat Mar 16, 2013, 10:50 AM
(#5)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 16, 2013, 11:45 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Mirtech!

With AQ on the button, there are 4 limpers in front of me. I'm going to make a standard raise here, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 4 limpers, I'll raise to 7BB or 350. I want to keep all my raises standard so that the opps are constantly guessing as to the cards I'm playing. I'll make the same raise with AA, 77, 22, AK, JTs or anything else that I want to raise with. Betting more with better hands and less with marginal hands is a bet tell that basically turns your cards face up to an observant opponent, something that I do not want to do.

There is then 3 calls, a raise and a shove. While AQ is a hand with potential, it is not a made hand and plays much better against only one opponent than it does into a multi-way pot. Without a made hand that is most likely not ahead, let alone the favorite to win the pot, I'm going to muck here and look for a better spot.

The keys for this hand are standard bet sizes and that I want to be putting my chips into the pot when I'm ahead, not when I'm going to lose the majority of the time.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 16, 2013, 11:58 AM
(#7)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus:

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 16, 2013, 04:17 PM
(#8)
Hi John,

Thank you for reviewing my hand. I thought that my betting wasn’t correct after play was over. I’m surprised that you would muck AQ after re-rise from V_6, what looks like stealing (and it was).
Anyway, thank you again for comments; I will remember that for future.

Regards,

Miroslav (Mirtech)

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 03:04 AM
(#9)
Hello,

I have watched Bet Sizing video and here is answer fro question:
Players may want to make big bets, because
- they want to put a lot of pressure on opponents
- they want to bluff people off decent hands
- they want to gain value from very strong hands
- they want to protect against strong draws

I have also completed Cash Game quiz.

And my worst played hands are below.

Regards

Miroslav (Mirtech)

Old
My AK hands - Tue Mar 19, 2013, 03:21 AM
(#10)
These are my worst played hands. For both I had AK and lost the whole stack to same player.
First time to KK and second time to AA.
Not sure what I was thinking about that time.
Very bad play from my side.

I hope this will be helpful for other beginners. Take time to think before putting chips in.

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 12:42 PM
(#11)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 05:59 PM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtech View Post
These are my worst played hands. For both I had AK and lost the whole stack to same player.
First time to KK and second time to AA.
Not sure what I was thinking about that time.
Very bad play from my side.

I hope this will be helpful for other beginners. Take time to think before putting chips in.

Hi Mirtech

Wow, you were really unlucky against this opponent. Unfortunately it happens. Hopefully the cards will fall your way next time. There are some things to notice with the hands though.

First hand AK: Firstly, I strongly suggest opening with a raise rather than limping. Limping often gets a string of callers making it tough to play post flop. As played the villain makes a larger than normal raise to 10 cents. You 3-bet to 29 cents. This is fine, but looks super strong. The fact that the villain 4-bet will rarely but a very strong hand with KK and AA being most likely. I suggest folding to the 4-bet here unless you had notes on the villain showing him to be very aggressive. AK is a great starting hand, but it is not a made hand yet. As played, with so much already in the pot, once you flop a K you are going to go to the showdown. So, the only problems here were preflop.

Second hand AK: The deep stacked villain opens with a 6bb raise from utg. This is much larger than normal again, just like he did last time with KK. Did he always make big raises? If not, then this is an indication that he has a big hand again. (This is why we do not recommend adjusting your bet sizes based on your cards. It becomes an easy tell.) Furthermore, you are in early middle position. There are five people left to act after you. You don't want to call only to be pushed out of the hand by a late position 3-bet. So, even though you have a strong hand, the rest of the situaiton does not look too good. I would suggest playing it safe and folding. Note, if the villain always raised large, then I would rather 3-bet than call here. I would definately fold on the flop. A 10 will give you a straight, but at the moment you do not have a made hand. Try to avoid calling large bets post flop, especially putting you all in, when you do not have a made hand or an extremely strong draw.

I hope this helps

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 07:59 PM
(#13)
Hi Mirtech,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 07:17 PM
(#14)
Hello,

I have earned 10 VPPs and still have second bonus on my account .
But I didn't received 3rd bonus yet.

Regards,

Miroslav (Mirtech)

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 01:44 PM
(#15)
Hi Mirtech,

The VPP's that count for this is only after the second bonus is received, not the total number of VPP's that you have. We only show that you have just over 10 VPP's TOTAL and all of these are not from only after the second bonus. Please keep playing and when you get ot 10 VPP's for this bonus only, the next one will be released.

Keep up the good work!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Wed Mar 27, 2013 at 01:47 PM..

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 03:18 PM
(#16)
Hi Joss,

Thank you for explanation. I got my third bonus now. Thank you.

Regards,

Miroslav (Mirtech)

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 09:25 PM
(#17)
Hi Miroslav,

Fantastic!

Your third Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, if not already there. Great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 3rd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 4th bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
AK again - Thu Mar 28, 2013, 02:13 PM
(#18)
Hi Guys,

I think I’m going to start folding AK from now on, they never win.
I have played this hand again loose opponent (V_4). He was playing lots of hands, calling or min-raising with marginal hands on B,B-1,B-2 or in MP.
I think my mistake was, that I put him on Ax in this play.
Later on I get 50c back from him, before he left table.

Any thoughts how should I play this hand?

Thank you for your comments.

Happy Easter,

Miroslav (Mirtech)

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 11:17 AM
(#19)

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 02:44 PM
(#20)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Miroslav! I'll take a look at this hand for you.

AK is one of the hardest hands to play. In the long run in full ring games it wins the pot about 60% of the time but it's certainly a tricky had to play profitably. (As an aside, I was losing money with it for 20,000 hands when I first started, because I overvalued its strength, and this is a very common beginner's mistake).
Here you have the suited version which is a little stronger than the offsuit version, and you're facing a minraise. Since villain is in relatively late position, you can re-raise for value, expecting to get called by worse. (If villain was UTG and/or very tight, I'd sometimes just call, because I don't want to get shoved on by QQ+).
You make a 3-bet to three times villain's open. All standard so far. The flop comes KJ9, giving you TPTK. The board is fairly wet, and also connects well with hands that raise pre and call 3-bets. You should be worried about JJ and 99, and also consider two pair hands like KJs, and draws like KQs (TP + gutshot). Villain might even have raise-called with QTs and flopped the nuts.

Villain donks out small. In my experience, when someone leads into the last raiser, they usually have one pair or a draw, hoping they can see the next card cheaply (or get you to fold), or they have an absolute monster that wants you to raise. Against a range like that, you're either way ahead (you have the best pair, and a gutshot only has 4 outs to beat you) or you're way behind (villain has 2pr, a set or a straight).
Since villain either wants us to fold or to raise, my usual plan when facing a donkbet is to just call. By raising the donkbet, you re-open the betting. If villain has a weak hand, he might fold, realising he is in bad shape, giving us no more value. If he has a monster, he has the opportunity re-raise, trying to get his stack in. In short, your raise will fold out all the hands you're beating, and only get action from hands that are crushing you.
That's what happens here. Villain donked small, you raised, and he re-raised. Now he's done this, he's going to bet (and probably much bigger) on subsequent streets, when you'll be drawing very slim, if not dead. As played, he doesn't need to bet the turn, because you re-raise the flop. Villain would have to be pretty bad to stack off with worse than AK once you've 4-bet the flop. He's going to show up with a set here almost always.
Remember the line he took pre-flop. He minraised. That's often a tell of a medium pair, like 99. He called your 3-bet, because he had a decent price to go set-mining. He hit his set and made a small bet, suckering you in. His plan worked perfectly, because you ended up going all in with only a 7% chance of winning the hand!
I used to make this mistake all the time when I started. You have AK and make TPTK, and suddenly the pot on the flop is huge. When the pot is huge and you have just one pair, you're usually losing. Although AK is a "big hand", it's best to try and play small pots with it, unless you make the nuts.
You'll certainly find yourself in similar spots to this in future. The main things you should try and keep in mind are:
* If a villain donks into you and you have TPTK, just call. If he's bluffing/drawing, let him bluff. Don't raise, because that will fold out worse and get action from better.
* With one pair, try and keep the pot fairly small. Try and get to showdown and win a small pot, because if you build a big pot with one pair, you're often on the losing end.
* Try and put villain on a range based on his position and betting actions. If his actions signify he has you beat, then make a discipline fold.

Hope this helps!
Happy Easter!
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com