Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder promotion

Old
Default
Bankroll builder promotion - Thu Mar 14, 2013, 09:59 PM
(#1)
88YuaN88's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
BronzeStar
i have not deposit into my pokerstars account before. i guess im eligible to join this bankroll builder promotion right?
 
Old
Default
Fri Mar 15, 2013, 05:14 AM
(#2)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,022
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88YuaN88 View Post
i have not deposit into my pokerstars account before. i guess im eligible to join this bankroll builder promotion right?
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Fri Mar 15, 2013, 03:29 PM
(#3)
HokyPokyToo's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,901
Hello 88YuaN88,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.


After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.


Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!


2 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Mon Apr 01, 2013, 01:56 PM
(#4)
88YuaN88's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
BronzeStar
 
Old
Default
i am done with all the steps. - Mon Apr 01, 2013, 01:59 PM
(#5)
88YuaN88's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokyPokyToo View Post
Hello 88YuaN88,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.


After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.


Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!
i am done with all the steps!
 
Old
Default
Mon Apr 01, 2013, 07:35 PM
(#6)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,812
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 88YuaN88!

With Q8 from the BB, the entire table limps. With a hand that is not strong enough to raise with, I'll gladly take a free flop.

The flop totally misses me, so when it checks to me, I'm going to check and hope to get a free turn card. If anyone bets, I'm immediately folding, since I have absolutely nothing. A standard bet here with this many opps would need to be a pot-sized bet and I'm only betting when I'm ahead in hands, not when I'm behind.

The key with this hand is to muck without a made hand. Trying to chase a lucky draw is only going to end up costing me my bankroll if I continue to do it. I may get lucky every once in a while, but it is not a consistant winning play.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)


Super-Moderator



6 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Mon Apr 01, 2013, 08:29 PM
(#7)
HokyPokyToo's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,901
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.



List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!


2 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
video and answer question. - Mon Apr 01, 2013, 10:27 PM
(#8)
88YuaN88's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
BronzeStar
three reason why player make big bets because
1)to put a lot of pressure on opponent.
2)to bluff people off decent hands
3)to protect against strong draws.

 
Old
Default
Mon Apr 01, 2013, 11:37 PM
(#9)
HokyPokyToo's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,901
Hello 88YuaN88,

We see that you have resubmitted the same play money game that you posted earlier. You need to post a real money game as stipulated in Step Two: "only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars." The instructions for this promotion need to be followed EXACTLY or it can lead to you making yourself ineligible for further bonuses. Therefore, you must post a real money hand from the 1/2 cent full ring tables to be able to continue in this promotion.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Jocelyn


2 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
hello - Tue Apr 02, 2013, 04:55 PM
(#10)
88YuaN88's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
BronzeStar
i have done my cash quiz. i posted the wrong game. i post a new one here now.
 
Old
Default
hi there - Tue Apr 02, 2013, 05:18 PM
(#11)
88YuaN88's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
BronzeStar
i have repost the cash game video. i posted the wrong one. sorry. and i have done all the thing requested.
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 01:14 PM
(#12)
HokyPokyToo's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,901
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.


2 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 02:20 PM
(#13)
88YuaN88's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokyPokyToo View Post
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.
thanks
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 02:36 PM
(#14)
ArtySmokesPS's Avatar
Since: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,346
Hi 88YuaN88! I'll take a look at this hand for you.

You have the aces in fairly early position, but you're very short-stacked. It looks like you tried to get tricky and went for the limp re-raise trick. It worked for you this time, but I really don't recommend it. The best play is to make a standard raise of 3bb (6c). This disguises your hand, because you'd make the same raise with any hand you decide to play. It also starts building a pot, so you gain value for your hand. The problem with limping aces is that it might cause a string of players to also limp into the pot with speculative hands. If there are various hands in the pot (stuff like 76s, 33, KT) then your hand is much more vulnerable to various straights, two pairs or flushes. With aces, you want to get heads up, where you'll win the hand over 80% of the time.
Here a villain raises with AK, and you get it all in as a huge favourite, but I promise you this situation won't happen often. When I see there is a limp and I raise with my hand, if the limper reraises or shoves all in, I will fold a hand as strong as QQ, because he always has aces or kings. Don't give observant players information about your hand. Use standard raise sizes to keep them guessing.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty


Bracelet Winner
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 03:25 PM
(#15)
88YuaN88's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
Hi 88YuaN88! I'll take a look at this hand for you.

You have the aces in fairly early position, but you're very short-stacked. It looks like you tried to get tricky and went for the limp re-raise trick. It worked for you this time, but I really don't recommend it. The best play is to make a standard raise of 3bb (6c). This disguises your hand, because you'd make the same raise with any hand you decide to play. It also starts building a pot, so you gain value for your hand. The problem with limping aces is that it might cause a string of players to also limp into the pot with speculative hands. If there are various hands in the pot (stuff like 76s, 33, KT) then your hand is much more vulnerable to various straights, two pairs or flushes. With aces, you want to get heads up, where you'll win the hand over 80% of the time.
Here a villain raises with AK, and you get it all in as a huge favourite, but I promise you this situation won't happen often. When I see there is a limp and I raise with my hand, if the limper reraises or shoves all in, I will fold a hand as strong as QQ, because he always has aces or kings. Don't give observant players information about your hand. Use standard raise sizes to keep them guessing.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty
thanks for the guide. hope i can play better next time. thank you so much.
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 07:12 PM
(#16)
HokyPokyToo's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,901
Hi 88YuaN88,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables



There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss


2 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 04:46 PM
(#17)
88YuaN88's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokyPokyToo View Post
Hi 88YuaN88,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables



There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss
I had earned 10 VPP for my next bonus.
 
Old
Default
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 05:59 PM
(#18)
HokyPokyToo's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,901
Congratulations!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the hand analysis forums in the Poker Education section.
Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on Bankroll Management at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Joss


2 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 06:48 PM
(#19)
88YuaN88's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
BronzeStar
okay. thank you.
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com