Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

open skill league games

Old
open skill league games - Fri Mar 15, 2013, 03:24 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
im just curious as to wether or not i understand correctly,
the open skill league games are a freeroll and you do not have to be a member of the school to play in them?

Old
Fri Mar 15, 2013, 07:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi milehigh,

As I understand it, the Open Skill League freerolls are open to anyone with a real money account (no US players yet) and they don't have to be a member of PSO to play in them. However, it's only PSO members that can earn points for the leaderboard. Since the real money in the leagues is from high placings at the end of the month, random freerollers are missing value by not joining PSO.
More info here: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...l-Skill-League

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
re post - Fri Mar 15, 2013, 10:39 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2011
dont they also take value away from members who earn their vpps and try for the bigger prizes, with no real incentive to place higher these are the players shoving atc all the time

just my opinion but this is something that should be adressed

Old
Cool
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 12:22 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
[QUOTE=milehigh0874;i'm just curious as to whether or not i understand correctly,
the open skill league games are a freeroll and you do not have to be a member of the school to play in them?

don't they also take value away from members who earn their vpps and try for the bigger prizes, with no real incentive to place higher these are the players shoving atc all the time

just my opinion but this is something that should be addressed[/QUOTE]

Hi milehigh,
Thank the poker gods for every one of those weak players because they're not going to bring as high a quality hand to the party as U R, right
They're the exact same guys who are going to pay U off when U get the AA or KK you've been waiting for. The survivors of the donk ranks with huge stacks are the same guys who are going to pay U off later & get U ITM.
Play great poker & enjoy the ride

sleepy

Old
Cool
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 01:54 PM
(#5)
[QUOTE=milehigh0874;i'm just curious as to whether or not i understand correctly,

don't they also take value away from members who earn their vpps and try for the bigger prizes, with no real incentive to place higher these are the players shoving atc all the time

just my opinion but this is something that should be addressed[/QUOTE]

Hi milehigh,
Thank the poker gods for every one of those weak players because they're not going to bring as high a quality hand to the party as U R, right
They're the exact same guys who are going to pay U off when U get the AA or KK you've been waiting for. The survivors of the donk ranks with huge stacks are the same guys who are going to pay U off later & get U ITM.

sleepy

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 12:42 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyolman View Post
Hi milehigh,

sleepy
...if this is called PSO league then ONLY PSO members should participate in it!
This should be restricted long time ago!!

Old
Cool
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 07:28 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apatinac View Post
This is another way to introduce new players to the league...Calm down
sleepy

Old
Sun Apr 14, 2013, 05:13 PM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2013
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apatinac View Post
I'm new to Poker School (this is my 1st time browsing through the forum, and my 2nd post).
I think it's a good idea that anyone can enter the PSO tourneys. If it weren't for seeing the tourneys I would never have come here.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com