Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl 6max zoom Do i beat any hands here or fold?

Old
2nl 6max zoom Do i beat any hands here or fold? - Fri Mar 15, 2013, 06:20 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Hi Everyone,

The villian here had stats of 36/9 over only 13 hands but i had a note that they had limped and called a raise with KK.

My raise pre flop may have been a little loose but with position i decided to take the lead with my suited connector.
I Cbet the flop after the villian checks to me on a good textured board and second pair.

I made 2 pair on the turn and bet for value,then i get check raised,i didnt really know where that came from,it seems to be a strong line to me but i have blockers to some sets plus they could be over valueing top pair but it certainly feels stronger than that.

I flat called his check raise on the turn to keep any worse hands still left in his range with postion,and see what develops on the river.
The river pairs the board and they shove the river,as i said before, to me i feel like their range is stronger than a top pair hand but strange things can happen in 2nl blind battles.

What does everyone think?

Old
Fri Mar 15, 2013, 12:22 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Nashy,

I think this is a really easy fold on the river tbh. I like continuing on the turn, and would be ok with a jam as well (but your call is fine) as I suspect villain may be overvaluing AK/KQ/AA which we can't rule out given the limp/call pre with KK we observed. Jamming the turn prevents his 1 pair hands from getting away from a 3, 5, or 8 river card (blind v blind I think we are always getting called by strong 1 pair hands here).

But a 4 or K on the river are horrible for you... on the turn you are beating some hands in his range and losing to the monsters obv, but on the river you're not beating anything in his turn value raising range, so now you only beat stone bluffs. He can't have many of those, certainly not enough to make me want to call the river pot sized shove.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com