Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bakroll Builder

Old
Thumbs up
Bakroll Builder - Sun Mar 17, 2013, 02:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Hi guys! I just joined PSO recently to improve my skills on playing poker. Then as I am exploring your site, I stumbled on your Bankroll Builder. After reading, I got exited because not only that I can enhance my skills, I can also earn money. Thanks for giving your new members this kind of promotions.
I am hoping that you can grant my request of being part of your project. More power and Success to PokerSchoolOnline Team!

Last edited by BobotPogi21; Sun Mar 17, 2013 at 02:05 AM..

Old
Sun Mar 17, 2013, 05:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobotPogi21 View Post
I am hoping that you can grant my request of being part of your project. More power and Success to PokerSchoolOnline Team!
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 17, 2013, 04:26 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I am hoping that you can grant my request of being part of your project.
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder Session Feedback - Tue Mar 19, 2013, 02:35 PM
(#4)

Hi guys, this is the hand that i have couple of questions with.

My first question: After the flop, did i do the right thing of continuing to bet in a multi-way pot with my middle pair?

My second and last question: After the river was dealt, did i do the right thing when i still bet even when my kicker was like worthless?

Old
Red face
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 04:45 AM
(#5)
Hello PSO team, i just want to tell you that i have completed all the the steps that you have given.

Thank you for selecting me as one of the eligible members.

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 06:39 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 01:06 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BobotPogi21!

With A7 on the button and a number of limpers, I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 3 limpers, I'll raise to 6BB or 300.

I flop bottom pair on a very coordinated board with 5 opps. When it checks to me, I'm going to check behind here. Due to the large number of opps, I can't make a bet large enough to give all of the opps the wrong odds to draw if they have a straight draw, so I'm better off using pot control and seeing what happens on the turn. If I did make a c-bet here (which usually works better agains less opps), I'd need to make a pot-sized bet based on the board texture and number of opps and I don't want to do this with bottom pair when I may be drawing dead. Any bet lower than a pot-sized bet would give the opps the correct odds to draw, which means that I would expect to lose chips from my bet... something I do not want to do.

The turn gives me two pair, but also brings a flush draw. When it checkst to me, this is a really sticky situation, but my one choice is to make a pot-sized bet, but since that is basically my whole stack, I need to shove the turn. Any bet lower than this, once again can give the opps the correct odds to call to try to outdraw me (if I'm not already beat) and I do not want to make a bet where I expect to lose chips.

The keys with this hand are the bet sizes. Standard raises preflop (3BB+1BB for each limper for an opening raise) and bets post-flop that need to bet sized based on the pot-size, the board texture and the number of opps in the hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 07:09 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello PSO team, i just want to tell you that i have completed all the the steps that you have given.
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
hello - Thu Apr 11, 2013, 11:54 AM
(#9)
hello PSO Team,i just wannt to tell you that the 2 dollars that you gave is now almost 30 dollars.

I have finished no. 2 and 3 of the things that i should complete and i will post one of my interesting hand later. Cheers PSO!

Old
question - Thu Apr 11, 2013, 12:11 PM
(#10)
I have a question to you guys. How can i join in a club here in PSO? coz i really want to improve my skills in playing poker especially in NLHE. I've read many blogs here and attended trainings but i want to learn more. hope that you can help me. thanks

Old
question - Fri Apr 12, 2013, 01:39 AM
(#11)
I recently entered a table and join the waiting list then when I'm in I buy in for 4 dollars. I didn't realized that there's something fishy when the buy in is 4 dollars. so i bought in, wait for the big blind and browse your site, and then when i posted the blind the table popped up in the screen and i was shocked that i was in a .02 .05 blinds table. so before acting i leave the table.

Am I still eligible for your bankroll builder promotion?

I just want to be honest with you guys. Sorry

Last edited by BobotPogi21; Fri Apr 12, 2013 at 01:43 AM..

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 04:20 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Am I still eligible for your bankroll builder promotion?
I just want to be honest with you guys. Sorry
Hello,

Yes, thanks fine and glad to hear you are going well at the tables.

Please complete the 3 steps above to earn your next bonus.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
instructions completed, next please - Mon Apr 15, 2013, 09:39 AM
(#13)

J6 suited heart (please ignore that I call a raise with this hand).

I have a gut shot straight draw on the flop with 2 opponents so I bet

turn is a jack so I bet to protect my hand, but he re-raised, I called because if I we're beat I still have outs.

river is 8. so I checked. then he moved all in, I think but I did't see what he's trying to value so I called his bet.

please assess if I did well in this hand. I'm open for suggestions. tnx

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 03:18 PM
(#14)
may I ask if when can I play in .02 .05 blinds? coz I already have 50$.

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 05:00 PM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
may I ask if when can I play in .02 .05 blinds? coz I already have 50$.
Sure,

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

And also let me know when you pass the Cash Game course so I can get your next bonus to you

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 01:21 AM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

J6 suited heart (please ignore that I call a raise with this hand).

I have a gut shot straight draw on the flop with 2 opponents so I bet

turn is a jack so I bet to protect my hand, but he re-raised, I called because if I we're beat I still have outs.

river is 8. so I checked. then he moved all in, I think but I did't see what he's trying to value so I called his bet.

please assess if I did well in this hand. I'm open for suggestions. tnx
Hi BobotPogi21

Have you turned your $2 from us into $50? Impressive!

This was an interesting hand! Preflop I would suggest folding J6s. Over time it will lose more than it wins. Moreover, it is a hard hand to play postflop with the weak kicker. As played, I suggest raising rather than limping in. As a general rule, any time you are the first to enter a pot, do so with a raise. It makes things easier to play and increases your profitablilty. Enter with a raise regardless your cards. Call-call preflop is not great, but you at least have position and stack deapths make seeing a flop worthwhile here.

If you have raised preflop, then I would suggest c-betting this flop. As played, this is a risky line. You are inflating the pot with a very weak hand.

The turn gives you top pair, but notice that 910 would have just made a straight. Betting is good, but I would suggest folding to the raise unless you have a strong read on the villain. It is normally not worth risking your a large portion of your stack with only top pair, especially here with such a weak kicker and connected board.

Let's look at the river, an 8 of clubs. There are 3 clubs on the board now. Anyone chasing a flush just got there. There are two 8s on the board, anyone with a set just made a full house, or perhaps trips. And 910 still makes a straight. In addition, there are QQ, KK and AA plus any J with a better kicker. That's a lot of hands!

Now, what hands are you beating? 4x, 7x and pocket pairs 22, 33, 55, 66, 99 and 1010 plus a pure bluff. With the line the villain has taken you will rarely win this hand. Congrats on winning a huge pot here, but I strongly suggest avoiding spots like this in the future. Most of the times you will be beat. Also, if you are moving up stakes, be more careful about bluff catching. The competition is tougher there.

Nice pot

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 04:59 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Please let me know when you pass the Cash Game quiz so I can get you're next bonus to you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com