Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl 6max zoom Needed To Lay Hand Down?

Old
2nl 6max zoom Needed To Lay Hand Down? - Sun Mar 17, 2013, 06:53 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Hi Everyone,

I included me calling in this spot because i wanted to add that i didnt really consider the paired board here,and i think i should have given that the villian had stats of 12/5 over 76 hands and was shoving in this river spot.

I think i was so focused on making my flush that i didnt consider my opponents whole possible range here.
Maybe i could beat a King high flush but besides that i dont think this villian is taking this line without close to the nuts.

Thanks for your comments in advance

Old
Sun Mar 17, 2013, 10:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
I think you played your hand very well until the river. On river when villain overbet shoves you have to take a moment and put yourself in his shoes before clicking the call button. Why is he shoving? Would he shove with K high flush on this paired board, or would he bet less? What would he think if he had a set? Maybe something like, "Hehe got a couple people drawing on turn. I bet someone has a straight or a flush and I'm sitting here with a full house. I got the nuts shove it!"

If you call here every time, you will run into worse hands occasionally if the villain is a 'fishy' player. Even so, I'd expect to lose often enough to make it better to just fold a flush here. Against tougher, regular type players I would expect to win never.

Old
Sun Mar 17, 2013, 12:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
Sup guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post
I think you played your hand very well until the river. On river when villain overbet shoves you have to take a moment and put yourself in his shoes before clicking the call button. Why is he shoving? Would he shove with K high flush on this paired board, or would he bet less? What would he think if he had a set? Maybe something like, "Hehe got a couple people drawing on turn. I bet someone has a straight or a flush and I'm sitting here with a full house. I got the nuts shove it!"

If you call here every time, you will run into worse hands occasionally if the villain is a 'fishy' player. Even so, I'd expect to lose often enough to make it better to just fold a flush here. Against tougher, regular type players I would expect to win never.
I think this is a really good analysis, however I think we should call on the river. It's close but we will win a good amount of the time imo.

Given the odds we need around 40% equity to call and against a fairly tight range of 88-66,KdQd,Kd8c,Kd8h,Kd8s,Kc7d,Kd7c,Kd7h,Kd7s,Kh7d,Ks 7d Kd8s we have 50% equity. Also he may even shove lighter than this so we could be even firther ahead.

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Sun Mar 17, 2013, 12:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi guys,

Though we need to win this 40% of the time if we call on the river, I don't think we can call versus this particular player. The range Croyd assigned him doesn't really fit the hands that he'll call in the blinds with. (A 12/5 is fast-folding 85-90% of his big blinds, so hands like K7s and K8o are definitely not in his range).

Weak tight nits occasionally spaz out with overpairs on super-wet boards, but most of the time, their overbet shoves are with the near nuts. Especially since this villain is leading into two players, I think that most of the time he has a boat, quads, or even a straight flush (with 55) here. It's a value-shove hoping to get called by the nut flush.

The read is complicated because the hand was 4-way, villain was out of position and the flop was checked around. Weirdest of all is villain's small bet on the turn; a card that made a flush possible and also made a 1-card straight for 5x.
A made flush/straight might bet there, but when called in two places, he'd have to be worried you had a better flush or a nut draw. With 4 hearts on the board on the river, he can't shove the bare Kd and expect to be called by worse, so I'm pretty sure he's beating the Ad too.
Against a level 1 thinker ("I have a 10-high flush, all in!") you could call, but a 12/5 nitty set-miner has the goods here.

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Sun Mar 17, 2013 at 01:01 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com