Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder :))

Old
Red face
Bankroll builder :)) - Sun Mar 17, 2013, 12:47 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Greetings
I would like to participate in the bankroll builder promotion, by the way, i love pokerstars !

and this my hand... i have a lot quoestions about this , because i find myself a lot in these kind of situations.. and most of times i lose.. so maybe you guys can help me

Old
Sun Mar 17, 2013, 05:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420_Žilvinas View Post
Greetings
I would like to participate in the bankroll builder promotion, by the way, i love pokerstars !
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 18, 2013, 09:06 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
nice play

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 06:44 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Greetings
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 10:07 AM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
he posted his hand above

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 10:11 AM
(#6)
i completed all those steps )

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 07:52 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
i completed all those steps )
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 12:43 PM
(#8)
OKey, i wanna post this hand becouse i know i played it bad.. first of all i dunno why i limped in with this hand, but anyway.. when the turn came i knew that i had 2 cards which can make me a straight so i didnt knew i had to check or maybe raise in this situation.. maybe u guys can tell me how i should be playin in such situation?

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 10:43 AM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi 420_Zilvinas, I'll take a look at this hand for you.

A7 offsuit is not a very playable hand, and it's one that a beginning player will often lose a lot of money with, because it doesn't make a good top pair. Since it's off suit, it will hardly ever make a flush. It also can't make a straight using both cards. For these reasons, I recommend folding this hand pre-flop.

As played, there was a limper, and you also called. The big blind checked his option and saw the flop for free. He can literally have any two cards.
You flop a gutshot wheel draw (the A-5 straight is called "the wheel") and you have two overcards. I wouldn't want to get a lot of money in here, as someone could already have a straight, or maybe a set, as players often limp into pots with small pairs. Against those hands, making top pair would be a disaster.
Here, the BB minbets and villain 9 also calls. You have just 4 outs to make a straight, so you'd normally need pot odds of 10:1 to make a call with a gutshot. You'd also have to be worried that a 3 would give anyone with a 6 a better straight, and could lose you your stack. However, these villains are betting so small, that it seems they have weak hands, so calling the minbet is OK, as you'll have a better idea of where you stand on the next card. Generally speaking, however, you should fold gutshot straight draws on the flop if villain bets anything more than 2c.
The turn is a 6. Now we know that anyone with a 3 on their hand has a 2-6 straight. Someone with 87 would have the nut straight (4-8). You've gained additional outs. You have an open-ended straight draw. A 3 or an 8 on the river will give you a straight. This is an 8-out draw, and we can use the rule of 4 and 2 to work out how often we will hit the draw. Since there is only one card to come, we multiply our outs by 2 to get 2*8=16%.
So right now, we probably don't have the best hand, but we have a 16% chance of making it. We need to compare the odds of hitting our straight with the odds the pot lays.
Villain this time bets 6c into 13c, making the pot 19c. If we call, we will be contributing 6/(19+6) = 24% of the total pot. In terms of immediate odds, we'd need to have the best hand 24% of the time to call on the turn. We only think we'll make it 16% of the time, but I'm pretty sure that if we hit our draw, we can get some more money from villain, so it's probably profitable to make this call, because we have "implied odds".
On the river, an 8 comes. This is perfect for us. We made a straight. It's not quite the best possible hand on this board, because 97 would have the nuts, but it's highly unlikely villain has 97, because he wouldn't have bet on the flop with that hand.
When villain leads out for 15c on the river, I'm always raising, because I'm certain we have the best hand. A raise to about 40c would probably be about right. Villain will have trouble folding a set or a worse straight for that price. By just calling, you're not getting maximum value for your hand.
It turned out here that villain was bluffing with two overcards the whole way. Normally, players will actually have a hand, so if you think you have them beat, you should raise.

The main lessons here are:
1. Don't play ragged aces, even for 2c. They aren't profitable in the long run, believe me.
2. Only chase draws if you have a good price and think you will get well paid if you hit them.
3. When you're pretty sure you have the best hand on the river, make a raise in order to get value from worse hands.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com