Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL 10 CO vs unknown BB (AA fold turn)

Old
NL 10 CO vs unknown BB (AA fold turn) - Sun Mar 17, 2013, 03:00 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
BronzeStar
hello this is the first hand I post, I dont have any info of the player at the moment of the hand but after a while he was a 41/0 preflop.

I think I bet strong on flop and turn and he shouldnt reraise me in bluff or with a jack so I folded putting him on some 7x connectors.

What you think about my fold? Should I have check called the turn instead? Thank you

Old
Mon Mar 18, 2013, 03:52 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hi Mind_V_Gap, welcome to the Hand Analysis Forums!

I like how you played this hand and I would also fold the turn against that type of opponent. When guys like that raise turns or rivers especially in multiway pots they will be really strong on average so folding one pair will probably be the best decision even though you might sometimes get bluffed off the best hand.

It's absolutely standard for them to be calling flop with 7x so even though there aren't too many combinations that beat us chances are that he has exactly one of those since Jx and draw type hands would typically only call you down and not raise.

Live Trainer

Old
Mon Mar 18, 2013, 06:16 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2012
BronzeStar
thank you coach. I still find very hard to fold on those boards. Getting better then

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com