Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10nl FR, could i have avoided this?

Old
10nl FR, could i have avoided this? - Mon Mar 18, 2013, 02:48 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2012

i have a few hands on villain 9 and in most of them he open limped, so i assume he is loose passive player.
villain 1
VPIP 16
PFR 11
3bet 6
AGR.F 1.67

villain 9 open limps in the CO and villain 1 raises. im in the BB and i call with QJs trying to invite the bad player in. limper calls and the flop gives me the 2nd nut flush. i decide to lead out because i thought that the initial raiser might not cbet this flop and i didnt want to miss a street of value, plus i knew that if the limper has any piece of the flop he will continue. both players call, which i thought that was the best result. i bet the turn, limper calls and now the initial raiser comes over the top! with this raise he is commiting himself and i was thinking "what could he have?" A5 with the A of d, a set which he slowplayed OTF(doubt that), a worse slowplayed flush or the nuts?

and my question is in the title "could i have avoided this?"
could i or should i have folded the turn?

Old
Mon Mar 18, 2013, 12:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Espada,

Preflop call is fine I think, and I really like the lead out on the flop. It's the only way to ensure the flop round is bet and agree V1 who's AF is a bit low may not c-bet misses in a 3 way pot. If he does have a hand (and would have c-bet) leading out is still better to trap the fish between you and him, as if you check-raise it pushes the fish off his weaker holdings with which he will continue for the single bet. I would lead for a bit bigger personally, maybe like .75c, which looks more like a semi-bluff or a K trying to "protect" it's hand imo... but really love that you led out.

When they both call, I like that you led again bigger for value that you rate to get for sure from worse hands (although I would have sized bigger still, maybe 2.25).

Hate V1 coming over the top of us but I don't think I would fold the 2nd nuts here as I imagine we can sometimes get shown KK (waiting for 1 safe card before raising), AK, AA, and I'm not sure how many nut flush combos to expect in his range since the K, Q, and J of the suit are accounted for. I would have stacked this off too.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com