Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10nl FR, flopped 2 overs and a FD on a paired board

Old
10nl FR, flopped 2 overs and a FD on a paired board - Mon Mar 18, 2013, 05:12 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012

just sat down and got QJs in BB. villain 6 opens for 2.5x and villain 2 calls. based on their stack sizes i assume they are inexperienced players and decided to call with my suited connectors thinking i might be paid off in case i hit something, plus im getting decent pot odds.
flop comes T77 with two clubs fiving me a FD and 2 overs.i check, villain 6 cbets around 2/3 of the pot and villain 2 folds.
what now?
do i continue on a paired board?(scared paired boards when having a FD).if he has an overpair, i still have some resonable equity
do i raise or call?
how much should i raise and if he calls and the turn is a non club, how should i procceed?

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 10:55 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi espada,

This is a good flop for you. Villain raised pre in EP, and he'll be c-betting this flop with 100% of his range, which includes overpairs and big aces. I'm calling on the flop to try and make a flush. Raising could lead you to get shoved on by an overpair, so I'd just flat. I wouldn't necessarily be too pleased if we make top pair queen on the turn, as we'd still be losing to QQ+ and TT.
If we're solely chasing a flush, the only hands we need to worry about are TT that flopped a boat, and AKcc that will over-flush us. So call and see if you hit the flush. The turn might give us some more outs to a straight to go with the flush draw (a 9 would be good, but a K could give villain top boat). If we miss on the turn, and villain makes another decent bet, I'd probably give up, because I'm not sure if we can win a whole stack if we hit one of our outs, as it would be hard for AA/KK to call a river shove if the board is paired and there are three clubs on the board.
In summary, while I'm always wary of chasing flushes/straights on paired boards, I don't think villain has a boat on this flop very often, so I'd at least see the turn.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com