Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Tue Mar 19, 2013, 03:00 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 05:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firbitss View Post
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 07:36 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Hand replay for bankroll builder 10d 8d - Tue Mar 19, 2013, 08:20 AM
(#4)

I think i made mistake by calling preflop raise, but after all i think i did ok!

waiting for your opinion

(just notised that it has to be 9 handed play, ill upload it soon, still i would like to listen to your opinion)

Last edited by Firbitss; Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 08:24 AM..

Old
9handed replay for bankroll builder Ks Ah - Tue Mar 19, 2013, 08:32 AM
(#5)
so here is 9-handed play

Last edited by Firbitss; Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM..

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 01:42 PM
(#6)
Thanks for that, we'll have the hand analysis done shortly, it should be completed within 24 hours. Meanwhile, let me know when you have passed the Poker Basic course.

Old
Poker Basics - Wed Mar 20, 2013, 02:06 PM
(#7)
i haved already passed the course. (sorry for broken english)

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 02:18 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Firbitss!

The first thing that I notice with the hands is that you were NOT playing full ring, you were playing 6-max tables. Once you receive your first bonus, playing any table or tournament other than 1/2 cent FULL RING cash tables will make you ineligible for any further bonuses.

With 8Ts from UTG, I'm going to immediately fold this. It is nowhere near a strong enough hand to be playing from UTG. From early position, especially from UTG, I only want to be playing very strong hands and to muck everything marginal or worse.
-----------
With AK from the BB, I get two shoves and a call. Here is where a read on the opps is going to be valuable, as it will determine my play. If the opps are playing tight (only playing premium hands), then I'm going to muck AK here. Most likely one of the opps will have a pair, which means that with an un-made hand like AK, they're ahead.
If the opps are playing loose and are shoving with any 2 cards, then I'm going to re-shove here. With an un-made hand, I do not want the opps to get to see a flop card that may hit a pair for them and beat me when I do not get an A or a K.

When I flop top pair here, I need to shove the flop. Bets on or after the flop need to be based on the size of the pot. Against one opp with chips left, I would need to bet 1/2 the size of the pot, which is a large % of my chips. Due to this, I need to shove the flop. By betting less, if the opp has a straight or flush draw, they will get the correct odds to call and try to outdraw me, which is something that I do not want to do.
------------
With JJ from UTG, I'm going to make a standard opening raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With no limpers, I'll raise to 3BB or 30.

I flop top set on a board that contains numerous straight and a flush draw. When it checks to me, I need to make a value bet here for two reasons. First, to get value and secondly, to protect my hand against the draws. With 4 opps in the pot, I will make a pot-sized bet of 150. If there were less opps, I could bet less, but with 3 or more opps, I need to bet the size of the pot. I do not want to check here, as the last thing that I want to do is to possibly give the opps a free card where they could complete a straight or flush against me.
When the opp makes a small bet, I need to make a raise here for the same reasons that I would lead bet. I will size my bet here at a pot-sized raise to 500. Smaller bets can give the opp the correct odds to try to outdraw me, which is something that I do not want to do.

The turn does complete an inside straight and when the opp checks to me, I will make my standard value bet for a heads-up situation, which is 1/2 pot (600). Once again, I need to bet this much or else the opp can be getting the correct odds to try to outdraw me.

The river completes more of the straights and here, with 4 to a straight on the board, when the opp checks to me, I'm going to check behind and take this to showdown. If the opp calls all of my bets that gives them the wrong odds to draw, they should have something, which means that I could be beat by a straight. IMO, it's better to check and get to showdown, instead of making another 1/2 pot bet and risk the opp shoving on me.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 02:31 PM
(#9)
Thanks for looking, will try to eliminate theese kind of mistakes

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 02:44 PM
(#10)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Pocket 10s - Fri Mar 22, 2013, 06:06 AM
(#11)

Yeah... stack size (lost one big pot)

One more question! should i EVER limp on button?

Last edited by Firbitss; Fri Mar 22, 2013 at 06:12 AM..

Old
Fri Mar 22, 2013, 07:09 AM
(#12)

Did i played this hand right?
i noted him as loose before

Old
Fri Mar 22, 2013, 02:44 PM
(#13)
Great thanks for posting the hand, we'll provide the analysis here soon. Just let me know when you've passed the Cash Game course!

Old
Fri Mar 22, 2013, 07:16 PM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Firbitts! I'll take a look at these two hands for you.

1. With TT in MP, you make a standard raise of 6c and you get min-3-bet by the button. This is usually a tell of a bad player with a very big hand. 3-bets at these stakes are usually monster hands like QQ+ and AK. If the villain has kings or aces, his small raise suckers you into the pot when you have about 20% equity. If you were deeper stacked, you could call and go set-mining, as making a set of trips when villain can't fold an overpair could lead to an easy double up. Here though, you only have 50bb, and you won't hit a set often enough to make calling a profitable play. Until you have good reads/notes on players, then when you have a hand like JJ-99 or AQ and get 3-bet, just fold, because a standard 3-betting range has you crushed.
Here you called, but instead of checking to the last raiser, you led out for full pot. This "donkbet" is a mistake, because villain will fold all the hands you beat, and call/raise with overpairs that have you crushed. I'd check here to see if villain will c-bet with a hand like AK. You could call one bet and then see what happens on the turn. If you don't turn a set and villain keeps betting, you can safely put him on QQ+ and lay down your overpair, as it's not beating anything and only has 2 outs.
Since the villain folded to your lead out, he probably had AK/AQ. There was more value to be had here by letting him bet with his worse hand.

As for the question "Should I ever limp on the button?" the answer is yes, but only when someone else (or preferably 2 or more) have already limped. You can "over-limp" small pairs and suited connectors, as you get a cheap price to see if your speculative hand makes a monster. You should almost never open-limp (be the first player to limp), because it means the big blind can see a flop for free. If you have a playable hand in late position, then you should raise when first into the pot, as this means you often steal the blinds without showing your hand, and you've gained the initiative so can make a c-bet on the flop and perhaps take it down there. Also, if you have a decent hand, you want to start building a pot. In short, over-limp in multiway pots with speculative hands, but don't open-limp.

2. With QQ, you make a solid raise of 3bb + 1bb for the limper. If he's loose-passive, this is value bet, as you expect him to call with worse than QQ. The BB calls and the limper also calls.
The flop is not kind to you. It's A87 with a flush draw. The loose player mindonks. He could be doing this with an ace (which beats you), a lower pair (which you beat) or some sort of flush/straight draw which you're also ahead of.
I don't really like your raise. You're saying "I have a big ace", when you just have a pair of queens. There's also another player in the pot. He might actually have an ace, meaning you're drawing almost dead. You've basically turned your hand into a bluff, but it's not a bluff that will work very often, because no hands better than QQ are folding. With QQ, your hand has value. If you can get it to showdown cheaply, it might actually win, so I'd just call.
The limper/mindonker calls the raise and then donks out again on the 6 turn. Since this guy called a raise on the flop and then led out again, he usually has a very strong hand and he wants to get all his chips in. If he was drawing with T9, then he just made a straight. You should fold here to a normal sized bet, as this player would have to be some kind of maniac to keep donking into you with anything less than an ace, but his betsize is very small in terms of the pot, so I'd sometimes call.
The river is a blank deuce and villain bets 12c here. It's a small bet that I'd sometimes call so I can get information on the way this player plays, but usually I'm folding, as it would be very rare to see villain show up with a hand like 99 or K8 when he takes this "donk, redonk, lead out" line.
As it turned out, this villain is terribad and was semi-bluffing with a gutshot all the way. Against this player, you got some value, but most of the time if you call/raise three streets with QQ on an ace high board, he's going to show you at least top pair.

You won both these hands, but the two most important lessons here are:
1. When you raise TT and get 3-bet, you should usually fold, as villain is telling you he has a better hand.
2. When you see a flop with QQ and a villain leads out on an ace-high flop, your hand is probably beat. It's OK to fold sometimes, even when you think a player might be bluffing. It's better to fold and lose the minimum, than to pay someone off over 3 streets when you have less than top pair.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Cash game - Mon Mar 25, 2013, 04:42 AM
(#15)
Just wanna let you know that i passed cash game quiz

Last edited by Firbitss; Tue Mar 26, 2013 at 04:17 AM..

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 04:20 AM
(#16)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firbitss View Post
Just wanna let you know that i passed cash game quiz
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com