Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

Lot of time on my hands, so I started learning about NLHE

Old
Lot of time on my hands, so I started learning about NLHE - Tue Mar 19, 2013, 08:42 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi everyone,

Currently have a lot of time on my hands as I'm not working or studying. Guess you could say it's a transition period. I needed something to keep me occupied and I came back to Poker. Previous experience is a few live games at a friends house and using play money. Have been playing and learning properly for the past few weeks, just playing 1c/2c nlhe 6max and full ring.

I had no idea how deep the rabbit hole went with this game. Great game when you have as much time as me.

I've installed Hold Em Manager and am learning how to use it to correct my game. Reading articles, books. Watching videos. Still trying to get my head round a few basic ideas but I'm sure I'll have my 'aha' moment the more I study, watch and play.

Sorry for posting a novel, I tend too type a lot.

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 09:31 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Rustled!

Welcome to the forum. Here is a link that will help to get you more familiar with many of the options that PSO has to offer.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 10:14 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Rustled!

John's given you a good link to help you find your way around. One of the things I'd really recommend is joining the PSO Home Games club. We've got some great tournament series coming up in the next couple of months, and they're a great way to make poker buddies and improve your strategy.

Have fun on the forum!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com