Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

WHY?

Old
WHY? - Tue Mar 19, 2013, 12:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
I have read through the cash game training section twice, very well read. Worked out everything and understand everything. Taken me a good 4 hours to study it. So, I go to sit the test and I've sat it twice and each time I only get 63%. Now I have to wait another 24 hours before I can sit it again. I've read it so much it's engraved in my brain already. It doesn't tell me where I went wrong. I really don't understand why.
Any help ?

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 12:28 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BlackHolden4!

Please let us know which questions you're having trouble with and we'll gladly help out.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 12:33 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
I wish I could but I can't access the questions now for another 24 hours and it didn't tell me what I got wrong either.
Is there a list of the questions anywhere else?
Thanks

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 01:43 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
No and the questions are also random, and the reason that they answers are not given, is so that they're not passed along to others to cheat on the test.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 03:07 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHolden4 View Post
I have read through the cash game training section twice, very well read. Worked out everything and understand everything. Taken me a good 4 hours to study it. So, I go to sit the test and I've sat it twice and each time I only get 63%. Now I have to wait another 24 hours before I can sit it again. I've read it so much it's engraved in my brain already. It doesn't tell me where I went wrong. I really don't understand why.
Any help ?
@JWK you noticed the inconsistency in your thoughts, right?

@op: Normally I don´t post in this section. Stumbled into this thread by accident but you inspired me to make this test. I´ve never read the articles but I´m playing for a long time. I passed the test in first try with 93%, had one wrong answer (I know which one ). So I can assure you it´s possible to pass the quiz and the answers aren´t a kind of nonsense.

However I recognized some flaws in your thought process which I would like to point out. I´m sure if you think through it and if you follow this advise you´ll easily pass the quiz in nearest future.

a) Give yourself some time and consider this as an investment. It´s simply impossible to master the game of poker, especially No Limit Holdem, within a few hours, even years and decades aren´t enough, because it´s the most complex game mankind knows. You´ve just made your very first steps into a new world and there´s so much to discover you don´t even have realized how big this world is. So my advise is to be more humbled and less ignorant.

b) To discover this world and to master the game, patience is needed, just like you need it to play the game. Stay calm and use the time you have. 24h are nothing compared to the gift for your life poker can be. Spent the time wisely.

c) Internet forums weren´t invented to be a place for you to rant. They were invented to share thoughts and built knowledge. Start using the forums this way and you will turbo charge your learning process. Just search for it, it´s all there!

Good luck at the felts!

Old
thank you - Wed Mar 20, 2013, 09:10 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
thanks and thanks again

Wasn't meant to be a rant but I do apologize. Just a bit of frustration I guess.

I passed the test today. I realized the mistakes I had made now. Silly me. I'll just keep on practicing.Maybe in 20 years I'll be semi-decent at poker. lol!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com