Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

50NL 6-max zoom. TT in sb calling utg min open raise, flop set - deep breath...

Old
50NL 6-max zoom. TT in sb calling utg min open raise, flop set - deep breath... - Tue Mar 19, 2013, 11:29 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

I don't normally play at these stakes but it felt at the start fine playing small ball and tight.

Here I had pocket TT in sb calling an utg min open raise and flopped my set on 2sTcQc board no club.

Deep breath >>it goes in on the flop<<.

I was scared playing an unknown half stacker no reads and not quite understanding - if the villain had the implied odds on a nut draw I was just paying him off?

Did I bet correctly on the flop?

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 12:03 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Forrest,

I don't mind 3-betting a half stacker here preflop, as I think it makes our hand so much easier to play (when we don't flop a ten), but flatting isn't bad. I think your play on the flop is fine, don't mind going for a big check-raise as I expect him to c-bet frequently (without reads) and I would snap it in when he shoves, in fact I'm hoping for a shove. If he's got QQ then nh, nothing we can do about that. We will get shoved on by draws, AA, KK, AQ, KQ in a spot like this as well, we should be in great shape equity wise against his range.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 12:06 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
if the villain had the implied odds on a nut draw I was just paying him off?
I'm not sure what you mean by this tbh... you're getting all the monies in on the flop so implied odds don't factor into the equation at all (implied odds come from money that can be won on future streets when the draw gets there). Even with the best possible draw he can have (KcJc) you are still a 58-42 favorite on the flop... get the monies in all the time here.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com