Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Tue Mar 19, 2013, 11:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
Poker je jedina kartaska igra u kojoj totalna budala moze da pobedi 1000 puta boljeg i inteligentnijeg igraca.Sto bi jedan moj drugar rekao,naucis majmuna da gura all in i kad tad ce pobediti.Zbog svega navedenog mogu svi da je igraju,ne treba da imas nikakve ni fizicke ni intelektualne predispozicije,prava americka igra.Da li se slazeta sa mojom konstatacijom?

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 07:00 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 08:00 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 23, 2013, 05:08 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar

Greetings,in this video i use great time to raise in KQ and i lost hand.Maybe i play this hand poorly,i didnt understood is it important to win or to make any play.
In the meantime, I passed the basic assessment quiz,what is next?

Last edited by pet_letava; Sat Mar 23, 2013 at 11:23 PM.. Reason: sintax error

Old
Hand - Mon Mar 25, 2013, 10:27 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar

What you mean how i play this and what do you suggest?

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 03:59 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pet_letava View Post
What you mean how i play this and what do you suggest?
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 12:00 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi pet_letava!

With AK from middle position, I'm going to make a standard opening raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 2 limpers, I'll raise to 5BB or 150.

I see a 3-way flop that gives me two overcards and a gutshot straight draw. When both opps check to me, I'm going to make my standard c-bet for a hand with 2 opps of 2/3 the size of the pot (270). I don't want to bet less than this, as the opps will be getting the correct odds to draw to a flush (or straight). I also want to keep my bets standard, so that the opps will not get a tell as to whether I'm drawing or have a made hand.

The turn gives me TP/TK and the first opp makes a very small bet that is called by the second opp. I'm going to make a 2/3 pot raise here which is to 790... BUT... this is over 1/3 of my stack, which means that I'm pot-committed. Due to this, I need to shove the turn.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 12:55 PM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Let me know as soon as you've passed the quiz.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
1 cash hand - Wed Mar 27, 2013, 10:19 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 10:21 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Let me know as soon as you've passed the quiz.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
2 hand - Wed Mar 27, 2013, 10:24 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar

In first hand with jj after flop i rase to protect and to bluff together,if no one has q.
Second hand i have tt,but i felt they have better cards and fold.What is correct?

Old
about question - Wed Mar 27, 2013, 10:34 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Player may want to make a big bet-
1-To bluff people with decent hand
2-To protect from strong draws
3-Put pressure on opponents
In your video 4th reason is to gain value for very strong draws,all 4 is important and i didnt know what is more important .

Old
hmm - Wed Mar 27, 2013, 10:57 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
I just passed Cash Game Quiz,what is next?

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 12:15 PM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi pet_letava! I'll take a look at these 2 hands for you.

1. JJ in MP. This is a fine hand to open and your 3bb raise is standard. You get 3 callers, which is a little worrying, as they could have various aces, kings and queens that could out-flop you. (With JJ, you're likely to see at least 1 overcard on the flop about 60% of the time).
The flop comes Q62. This isn't too bad. There's a flush draw, but it's standard to make a continuation bet here, because you don't want to give free cards to the other players if they have Ax, Kx. I'd prefer a bet of about 15c, because anything less than half pot looks weak and is more likely to be called/raised. If you do get called, then I'd play cautiously on subsequent streets, as it's likely a villain has top pair, and you only have 2 outs to beat that. Fortunately for you, there was no call, so you take down a nice pot.

2. With TT in the big blind, I'd usually call if there's one raise. I'd mainly be trying to hit a set of trips on the flop, but I'd usually also call on the flop if I have an overpair. Here, there's a raise UTG and then a 3-bet. Since UTG usually has a strong hand (TT+, AK) when he raises, the 3-bet represents a super-strong hand (KK+ usually). 20c is too much for you to call and go set-mining, and there's also the threat of UTG going all in when the action gets back to him. You made an excellent fold here. Many beginners would call with their pair of 10s, but - as we see here - TT is in terrible shape against bigger pairs. Well played, sir!

Good luck on the next stage of this promotion!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 07:29 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
I finished all3 tasks,next??

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 07:32 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pet_letava View Post
I just passed Cash Game Quiz,what is next?
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
3 bonus - Sat Mar 30, 2013, 09:35 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
I reached 10 vpp,what is next??

Old
stupid play - Sun Mar 31, 2013, 03:35 AM
(#18)
BronzeStar

In this hand i try to take pot with big raise after he limp on set of fives,what is right play?

Last edited by pet_letava; Sun Mar 31, 2013 at 03:39 AM.. Reason: error

Old
Sun Mar 31, 2013, 04:24 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 31, 2013, 07:09 PM
(#20)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi again Pet! Let's take a look at this latest hand.

With AJ on the button, facing a limp, raising for value is the right play, as you often have the best hand (villain's limp usually signifies weakness) and if villain calls he'll have to play the pot out of position. The correct size for your bet would be 4bb (8c), because the standard raise is 3bb + 1bb for the limper. If you'd made it 8c, you get more value when you have the best hand, make it less likely that other players will enter the pot (you'd prefer to be heads up with a hand like AJ) and deny the limper good odds to call with a speculative hand. Making it 6c is only a small 2c mistake, but these mistakes add up over time.
Villain calls and the flop is a J75 rainbow. This is a pretty good flop for you (you have TPTK), although it's fairly dry, so villain won't have a decent draw. When he checks to you, it's standard to make a bet for value here, hoping he'll call with a worse pair. 6c into 16c is a little small, as I like to always bet at least half pot, but it's actually quite a good bet size in this particular situation for a couple of reasons. On dry boards, it's hard to get much value with TPTK, as there are no strong draws. The smaller bet is likely to be called by hands like worse jacks, 99 or A7 or something quite weak. Occasionally, villain will call with a gutshot like 98 or T9. You're also short-stacked, so you don't want to get committed to stacking off just yet. Here villain check-calls, so his range remains quite wide, and you're beating nearly all of it.
The 9 on the turn might have improved villain's hand. If he peeled with 86 or T8, he just made a straight. If he had a gutshot, then he just made second pair. I like another bet here, because villain is probably calling with any pair or draw (there's a flush draw out there now).
You chose to bet 20c into 27c. That's a little large. I tend to bet closer to pot on the flop, and a closer to half pot on the turn, because I want worse hands/draws to keep calling, as they won't hit the river very often. Another problem with your bet size is that it means you are now pot-committed. You've put much more than 1/3 of your starting stack into the middle. You can never fold here, especially with TPTK.
Unfortunately, villain check-raises all in. This is a huge show of strength and it's almost never a bluff. Turn raises are very scary. Essentially they say "I can beat top pair top kicker". Villain is doing this with two pair, a set, or a straight. You're definitely losing and probably have very few outs to win.
If you'd bet a little smaller on the turn, you may have been able to find a fold here, but because you were short-stacked to begin with, you quickly became pot-committed and had to call off the rest of your stack.

You didn't actually play this hand badly. Villain did a clever slowplay with his set. If he'd raised the flop, you could have folded there, for a minimal loss of 12c. Because he waited until the turn, you lost your entire stack. Even some of the best players would be going broke here. Once you'd bet the turn, you couldn't fold.
In future, when you have just one pair, try and make bet sizes that get value from worse, but also allow you to fold to a raise. Often, something like 65% of pot on the flop and 50% of pot on the turn works out well. Only make large bets when you have a very strong hand (at least 2 pairs) and you think villain also has a strong hand or draw.

Hope this helps. Better luck next time!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com