10nl 6max, hitting the nutts OTT

Old
10nl 6max, hitting the nutts OTT - Wed Mar 20, 2013, 01:10 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2012

villain stats

VPIP/PFR 32/17
AGGR.F 1.25

alright, now that i hit my hand my question is how do i get max value. do i call and let him barrel the river or do i raise in case he has something(2 pair, str8) and a scare card kills the action?(was my sizing good?)

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 06:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
3bet pre. Flop play is fine. Interesting spot on the turn. I'd probably raise too since his AF is so low, he'd probably check most rivers. Also, sizing is good because you can get stacks in on the river. Also at 10nl I doubt he'd fold a straight/set/2pair which we are trying to get value out of.

There is an argument for calling the turn and letting him barrel the river but raising a river bet looks insanely strong. Also, a spade comes it will kill a lot of your action, so it's best to get the money in on the turn in my opinion.

Last edited by birdayy; Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 06:32 AM..

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 02:19 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Espada,

First, the villains stats seem fishy, so I'd prefer to 3b pre to isolate him in position.

So as to your question, razzu. I definitely prefer to raise here but I think your sizing (more than 3x his bet) is too large as his range rates to be fairly weak here. He raised pre, check/called the flop (consistent with over cards and weaker 1 pair hands), then donks the turn small... I'd say he rates to have a fair bit of weak 1 pair hands (maybe QJ at best) or weak draws (Tx or some spade), so give him a price he can't refuse. Maybe click it back is even fine. Give him a great price to pursue all his draws while getting some additional value from them, and tempt him to call with Jx as well. All these hands are drawing dead so we are getting great value from any of these calls.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 02:24 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
Also at 10nl I doubt he'd fold a straight/set/2pair which we are trying to get value out of.
I agree with this, and the bet sizing against these holdings... but I don't see the villain showing up with much, if any, of these on the turn given his line.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com