Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Sit & Go, QQ LP re raise, all in

Old
Sit & Go, QQ LP re raise, all in - Wed Mar 20, 2013, 02:18 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
Would you have done the re raise and was it a good idea to go all in? I have done this twice today with QQ and both times I lost.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 03:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BlackHolden4!

With QQ, I have a min-raise and then two calls. I want to 3-bet my premium made hand here and the key is the bet-size. I need to raise to between 3X the previous bet (600) and a pot-sized raise (950). However, both of these bets are more than 1/3 of my stack, which means I'd be pot-committed. Due to this, I need to shove here preflop. I do not want to let the opps see an A or K on the flop that can beat me without paying the maximum to do so. Since I'm pot-committed, I also want to be the first to shove, so that the maximum pressure is applied to the opponents.

When playing these 45's, the times that I want to be all-in preflop early in them are with premium made hands (QQ, KK, AA). If someone gets lucky and outdraws me, then so be it, I'm more than willing to take that chance.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

P.S. When playing these, don't be surprised to see runs of 20-30 of these where you won't cash in any of them... these streaks will happen and is why it is recommeded that a player have a bankroll of 100 buy-ins to play at a given level.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com