10nl 6max, 3bet pot- QQ on KKx flop

Old
10nl 6max, 3bet pot- QQ on KKx flop - Thu Mar 21, 2013, 12:06 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2012

had only 17 hands on villain and he was playing
64/64

i 3bet my QQ, against his UTG raise, for value
flop comes KKx. in normal pots i would cbet this flop, but in 3bet pots i tend to be more careful.
my plan was to see the turn, and if he checked(didnt have a K) go for two streets of value.
or is it better to bet the flop, and check the turn for pot control?
if i choose the second line and he bets the river, that will put me on a tough spot

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 07:26 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey Espada

Why can't you bet the turn for value if your opponent check-calls the flop?

A villain playing wild, or that, given 17 hands, we suspect is going to be playing wide, should be value bet pretty aggressively. We block KQ combinations and he is likely to have four-bet AK with some, unknown frequency.

It is a bit thin but you still extract maximum value from pocket pairs that are worse than yours and get some check-calls with AJ/AQ type hands on the flop.

I would prefer to go bet-bet-check or check-bet-bet than to have bet-check-? in our arsenal this hand.

One of the reasons check-bet-bet is in play is that this is a dry board and we don't need to protect our hand. The advantage this line has above b-b-x is that it can induce turn bluffs and turn protection bets. We can call both of these and value bet the latter when they check the river.

But I think this is a great spot to get two streets from 88, so if I am betting the flop I am usually betting the turn versus this villain type.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com