Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | | - Thu Mar 21, 2013, 03:09 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I would like to know wether I qualify for your promotion.
Thanks in advance!

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 07:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenmeShenme View Post
Hi there,
I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I would like to know wether I qualify for your promotion.
Thanks in advance!
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 02:47 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Play Money Full Ring Hand - Mon Mar 25, 2013, 05:24 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar

Hi there,
I was wondering wether my all in shove from the big blind with AQ offsuit had a positive EV despite what I think is a bad beat in the end.
Is the everyone folds blinds equity together with the probability that someone calls me and looses against my AQ not enough too make this a profitable move long term, given I only do this with a tight table image and given I only do it once per table (or again in case I cath a killer hand like pocket kings or aces)?

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 10:08 PM
(#5)
Hi,

Please post only full ring 9-max NLHE hand replays and not tournament hand replays..as your training is focused mainly on real money full ring 9-max NLHE. If you'd like to have this tournament hand analyzed please post it in the NLHE Tournament Hand Analysis forum >>click here<<

Please let me know when you have passed the Poker Basics Course and the quiz at the end of it..we'll then advance you to the next stage of your training!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Tournament? - Tue Mar 26, 2013, 12:02 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Hi there,
I am fairly confident this was not a 9 player tournament but a 9 player cash game. I found the table under Holdem then Play Money and then No limit (with full ring only in the filter settings)and not something like sit and go and then play money or smth.

Old
Tournament - Tue Mar 26, 2013, 12:05 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
I think the (playmoney)stakes are just really high because of wrong settings but I am sure that wasnt a tournament. If it is I am sorry (but I kinda dont think so).

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 08:23 PM
(#8)
Hi,

No worries. You are doing well and we'd like to train you

Please let me know when you have passed the Poker Basics Course and the quiz at the end of it..we'll then advance you to the next stage of your training!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Hand and quiz - Wed Mar 27, 2013, 02:24 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Hi there,
I have passed the basic course with the quiz. Is the handanalyzer going to have a look at the hand I posted?

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 07:10 AM
(#10)
Hi,

Well done on the quiz!

Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Hand Analysis

vs is a classic 60/40 scenario. With all of the limpers, we should be careful of a trap from one of the villains (AA KK QQ). Our line or rather course of action will be decided based on our reads of the villains tendencies at the table, is it a loose dynamic or tight.. Our stack depth is 50bb which is kind of a deep shove without a made hand, I would have raised it 3x the big blind + 1bb for each limper, I think this line will accomplish the same result as raising all in pre-flop in terms of trying to win the pot uncontested. This is certainly a difficult spot as we will be out of position post flop if we get called, unless the table folds around to the small blind..but that is the best case scenario.. It might even be a solid +EV decision to check our option and take a multi way pot with this hand..as a limping range tends to be classified as a weak range, we can maybe extract value that way.

I wouldn't classify this hand as a bad beat as we only had a 20% edge versus that range , the villain didn't make the correct call based on their stack depth, hand and pot odds.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Real Money Hand - Wed Mar 27, 2013, 03:05 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Hi there,
This is about the most interesting hand I found (unfortunately I did not play well so I did not play many hands before I lost everything but .23 dollars which isnt enough for a buy in).

So,
Despite beeing early position just right to the guy under the gun with an ace with pretty bad, yet not extremely horrible kicker, I raised to about 7 big blinds. Everyone folds apart from the small blind I wanted to steal, this villain reraises to 18 big blinds. Since my table image was really loose (rightfully so, I played rather horribly I must admit with a VPIP of around 40%) the guy probably thought my 7BB raise early position had a really weak range, so this guy who I thought was a fish since he had an amazing 60 or so VPIP after not too few hands recorded really made me think about my hand. Since I thought he thought I had nothing I decided to call this reraise (baaaad decision) because I thought he might merely wanted to make me fold my what I thought he thought was a rubbish hand.
Then comes the rainbow flop 10 7 2. The villain acts first and raises another 12 BB which I thought was a really low reraise for someone who hit anything or has a really good pocket pair, my instincts told me he was really trying to keep me pot commited with low bets in order to squeeze more money out of me and that he wasnt bluffing. I will never know if my instincts were right since I then decided to fold. After all I had a weak ace high and he could easily have 1. A better ace 2. An ace with a pair 3. A really strong pocket pair from the very beginning.
Do you think that given the pot odds I should have stayed now that I had already put so much in, which was due to a bad decision from the moment he reraised me proflop and I called, right?

Last edited by ShenmeShenme; Wed Mar 27, 2013 at 03:07 PM..

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 10:04 PM
(#12)
Hi,

A4
Sitting on a 30bb stack depth I'd open for the standard sizing of 3 big blinds and fold to any 3 bets that are ahead of me. This hand even though it does have some straight and top pair potential will not fair to well against a range of A9+ and A8 below we will be splitting the pot on most board textures at showdown. Let's not forget that AA KK QQ JJ TT could certainly be in their small blind 3bet range. We also need to factor in the villains tendencies in previously played hands at the table.

When the villain 3bets we can't really cal in this spot as it's such a large % percentage of our stack..I'd prefer to re-raise all in or fold and pick a better spot!

Please let me know when you have passed the cash game quiz, also list 3 reasons why players make a big bet.
We'll then advance you to the next stage of your Bank Roll Builder training!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Cash Game quizz + 3 reasons for raising - Tue Apr 02, 2013, 03:23 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Hi,
I have finally passed the cash game quizz (92%)

3 Reasons to bet (in no particular order):
1.Protect a strong/very strong hand against very strong/monster draws by making the pod odds unfavorable for the villain.
2.Bluff your opponent of a better hand, for example on a dry board where likely noone of the few opponents holds anything.
3.Value Bet because you are most likely going to win the showdown.

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 04:54 AM
(#14)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
Excessive bad fortune - Thu Apr 04, 2013, 01:25 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Hi,
Wow that bonus dissapeared in basically one hand.
Of course my flush king high got beaten by a flush ace high. The guy who won is an extreme fish with a vpip percentage of I believe around 60% and a flop fold percentage of I believe around 30% (so he took 70% to the turn) who had beaten me another hand just 2 hands earlier for what was already like 15% of my bankroll with high card ace king kicker against my high card ace jack kicker. Anway here is the hand with the big pot.
The guy had an insane vpip. How would I know he would actually have AJ which I knew wasnt suited cause it was obvious he didnt have the flush after the turn. But of course his AceHigh Flush with the ace of diamonds beats my king high...

Old
Bad Beat - Thu Apr 04, 2013, 01:44 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Of course I realise this guy played the hand brilliantly taking into account the implied pot odds of calling my turn bet and getting me all in incase he hitthe flush on the river. I just didnt expect that advanced play by someone who played exactly ,just looked at my hud, 60% of his starting hands and who folded, I just checked that too, 33% of his hand on the flop , consciously that is. My instincts on the other hand told me I was beat when he moved all in on the river but my ego told me to call and after all I had already like 50% of my entire bankroll in that pot. Same with the other hand against him. My instincts told me my Ace high jack kicker was beaten by a better ace high (the only better ace high).
I guess I could have moved all in after the turn despite not doing so and betting small would have the best long term ev (given I am able to read a bluff on the river when it occurs and given I fold when he does have something), for bankroll management reasons, but I didnt.. oh well. Perhaps you can cheer me up xD

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 07:39 PM
(#17)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

This is one of my favorite hands!

Okay, what where your reads on the other villains involved in the hand? I can see what was trying to be accomplished by raising this hand to isolate the player UTG (under the gun) and if that is what we where trying to do I'd make our pre-flop raise sizing 3x the big blind + 1bb for each limper...only with strong to premium value hands (TT JJ QQ KK AA AKs AQs)

is more of a hand to play in an affordable multi way pot in the hopes of flopping some equity to a flush draw or flopping the world with the second nut flush..also with so many players involved in the hand there is the possibility of a stronger range of Kx that has us out kicked..

Post flop, the sizing on the flop is a tad to small, I'd elect to continuation bet a little over 1/2pot as we have a decent amount of equity (two over cards and the 2nd nut flush draw)and we can either win this pot uncontested or maybe get floated by Ax or a worse range of flush combos.

The turn we make the 2nd nuts, but our hand is vulnerable to a range of Ax that contains the and knowing this villains loose tendencies 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 and etc.. can certainly be within their range..so I'd elect to bet 2/3 to 3/4 pot to get value from that range or any stray diamond the villain may be holding whether it be | x | x | x

When the villain re-raises all in on the river...have they shown any river aggression in previously played hands with non-nut holdings? This is really a tough spot..after the fact it's easy to say bet>fold this river...but what do we really beat in this spot? | x | x | x | this can be a plausible holding but would they limp those combos from UTG first to act pre-flop with so many players left behind to act?

Hope this helps!

Your third Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
WOW - Fri Apr 05, 2013, 02:55 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Wow,
Here we go again...
I must be the unlukiest player in poker. I always play really well and increase my money slowly but surely and then I get the very very strong hands that are then in turn destroyed by monsters, or to be more precise by sets that villains always catch on the flop. It is amazing. In the long term this want happen to me always at least.
This was my main loosing pot where I lost like 1.2$

I dont even want to comment so sad am I

Old
Forgot to add smth - Fri Apr 05, 2013, 03:00 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
btw. I lost all the money
I have 0.00 Dollars now. How am I going to earn 10VPP's now?

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 08:25 AM
(#20)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

This is the best starting hand in holdem, knowing this villains hole cards this is how our hand matches up from a percentage standpoint pre-flop:

81%

19%

As we can see we are a huge favorite to win the hand, but it's not a concrete situation that ensures a victory 100% of the time. After all, AA..even though it is the best starting hand, it is just a pair post flop, there are many combos of hands that can beat AA on certain board textures. Do not be discouraged about losing with this hand, many players myself included have experienced losing with AA one way or another. Rest assured in the long run, if good decisions are made..profit will be made!

From what I see on the hand replayer, you made the correct decisions based on assessing hand ranges..there is only a narrow range that has us beat on that board texture...but this is a difficult situation.

First off, I like your open raise sizing of 3x the big blind. When the villain min 3bets to 12c this is a strong indicator of a pocket pair or a range of Ax AJs AQs AKs..with this in mind I would have re-raised to 35c to 40c for pure value...as the villain is sitting deep enough to afford the call. your sizing of 30c is fine in terms of not generating to much fold equity, but the course of action here with a premium holding is to build a big pot to set up the stack to pot ratio for getting it in on the turn (all in) but bear in mind the board textures when playing for stacks with just a pair.

Based on the line this villain has taken..I do not see many Tx of Jx in their preflop min 3bet>flat 4bet range besides (AJs ATs TT JJ) and that is a very narrow range of combos that has us beat post flop. But our course of action on the river should entirely be dependent on the reads of villain tendencies from previously played hands at the table, did you have any reads?

On a side note...

Congratulations!

You have successfully completed the promotion, good job! And your final Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com