Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Thu Mar 21, 2013, 07:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Hello, I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 07:18 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig94 View Post
Hello, I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 02:48 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Sig94,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 23, 2013, 07:31 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
This is the hand that I am intrested in. Did I make good dissisions or not ?

P.S. I have passed the quiz.

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 12:20 AM
(#5)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 11:37 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Sig94!

With 88 from mid position there is one limp in front of me. I have two choices here and can do either one (dependant on the way the opps behind me are playing). I can either limp behind and try to setmine or I can make a standard riase (3BB+1BB for each limper). In most cases, I'll limp behind, but if the opps are playing passively and would fold, I could also raise.

There is then a call of the raise, a min 3-bet, a shove and a call of the shove. While I do have a marginal middle pair, this is not a strong enough hand to call multiple shoves with, as 88 plays much worse against multiple opponents. Due to having at least 2 and possibly up to 4 opps in the hand, I need to muck my 88 here.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 09:00 PM
(#7)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 02, 2013, 01:16 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Hello,

This is he hand that I don't know how to play, can you explain me, how to make action in this situation, had no idea, how to get more money involve, anyway, is it even reccomaned to limp preflop such hand like that?

I have done cash game quiz.

why should I bet big?
to make my hand safe from ppl who draw

if I have a very strong hand, I would like to get more money involved

3. maybe then when I am bluffing

Thank you

Old
Tue Apr 02, 2013, 06:57 PM
(#9)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 02:59 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Sig! I'll take a look at this hand.

With A6 in early position, I'm folding the hand 100% of the time and I'll tell you why. A6 isn't just a hand that doesn't make money. It's one of the biggest losers in poker. Beginners lose more money with ragged aces than they do with 72o, because it's a hand that flops top pair, but gets beat by all the better aces that stronger players play. With 72 you can make an easy fold pre-flop and have lost no money. With A6, if you find yourself in a big pot with one pair, you're losing a LOT of money.
The second reason this is an easy fold is because of your position. It's neither fun or profitable to play pots out of position. If you enter the pot here, other players may enter and be able to see which actions you take post-flop. If they think you have the best hand, they can fold, so you get no value. If they think they have you beat, they can raise so you lose a big one.
Limping in is a weak play. Not only does it encourage a decent player to make a raise to force you out of the pot, but it means you'll have to hit the board hard to win anything, as you're allowing players to see a flop cheaply. The big blind can even check his option and see a flop for free. When entering a pot, you should do so with a standard raise of 3bb. If your hand isn't strong enough to raise, then muck it.

Here your limp encourages 4 more players to enter the pot, so you'd typically have to watch out for weird and wonderful straights and flushes. You got a great flop. You have top 2 pair, but here's the problem: The limpers are likely to have much worse, so you'll have trouble getting action. Betting out is OK. You'll still get called by other aces. You get one call and make a full house on the turn. You're absolutely crushing here. You're only losing to AA, and it would be very unlikely that BB has that, since he just checked pre-flop.
It looks like you went for the slowplay here. I don't recommend that, even though it's very hard for villain to have a hand here. If he's got an ace, he's usually still calling here. So I think you can squeak out some more value with a bet here. If villain folds, he just hasn't got a hand.
You make a small bet on the river and villain folds, so it seems he didn't have an ace after all.

Hopefully you can see why playing this hand in early position was sort of a mistake (even though you won the hand). You hit the board really well, but didn't win much money. Similar situations will happen in future, but it's much more likely that you'll just have a marginal hand (one pair) and you'll end up losing to a better pair, or an even bigger hand.
Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 07:06 PM
(#11)
Hi Sig94 ,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 06:18 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
I have just earned 10 VPP and also I made my first deposit, thank you for you help

Last edited by Sig94; Thu Apr 04, 2013 at 07:04 PM..

Old
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 10:14 AM
(#13)
Congratulations!

As you've made your first deposit we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins (this can take up to 72 hours to register to your account) and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the Hand analysis forums in the Poker Education section.
Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on Bankroll Management at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 07:57 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Thank you for your help

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com