Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl 6max zoom Put Short Stack All In Here?

Old
2nl 6max zoom Put Short Stack All In Here? - Thu Mar 21, 2013, 07:46 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Hi Everyone,

Was wondering in this spot weather even though the stack to pot ratio probably is a little high to get the money in with one pair hands generally,should i still shove my stack in here given that the villian is playing a 50bb stack,and i think very capable of stacking off with many worse hands.
I also think i need to get value on this flop because there could be some not so good turn cards here.

The villian has stats of 43/21 over 73 hands and had check raised flop 1 from 8 times

Thanks Alot

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 10:02 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Nashy,

While I think the villain will have KJ or a set of 3s some of the time here, my experience of short-stacks at these stakes is that they will stack off on the flop with any pair, any draw. (Some would even get it in here with TT, lol). You have no fold equity obviously, but I think you're a favourite versus his entire range, so getting it in looks good to me. Calling doesn't make sense because villain is shoving the turn (no matter how ugly) anyway.
If his range is sets, top two, top pair good kicker, OESD, nut flush draw, then you have about 61% equity.

Board: KhJh3c
Equity Win Tie
Hero 61.32% 61.25% 0.06% { AdAs }
Vill 38.68% 38.62% 0.06% { JJ, 33, KTs+, QTs, AhTh, Ah9h, Ah8h, Ah7h, Ah6h, Ah5h, Ah4h, Ah3h, Ah2h, KTo+, QTo }

If you add a couple of airballs into his range, then it's definitely a good spot to get your money in.

Hope this helps.
Cheers, Arty

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com