Old
10nl 6max, KK on JJT flop, 3bet pot - Thu Mar 21, 2013, 09:12 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012

villain stats
VPIP/PFR 31/19
F3B 0
AGGR 2.5

i really hate these spots, because i dont know what to do(and they keep coming up).
he checks, i make i cbet(2/3 pot) and villain raises putting half of his stack in!
could he be on a draw?(i block KQ by the way)
how often is he gonna have it? because im tired folding my premium hands
i know TT,JJ,JT,QJ,AJ is in his flatting range, but couldnt he be on a SD or FD?

Old
Fri Mar 22, 2013, 01:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
I think in this spot you have two options, to bet/fold flop or to check back. You took the bet/fold option and I think that's fine. What, after all, do you think his range is? It can include so many JX and its very hard for him to bluff to this size.

Because there is a large gap between his VPIP and PFR I think JX is more likely than it normally would be.

Checking back you have to expect a lot of value to come from being bluffed or villain taking a stab. On this kind of board I don't know how much value there is in that.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com