10nl 6max, KQ- top pair in a 3bet pot - Thu Mar 21, 2013, 09:53 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012

villain stats
VPIP/PFR 36/24
ST 25
F3B 33
AGGR 1

since this guy is somewhat loose, i decided to 3bet my blockers.flop comes QTx giving me TPGK, but i think this flop hits opponent's range too.
what i want to ask is what is the line here?
bet-bet-check?
check-call on or two streets?
check-bet-bet(providing he checks back)?
bet-check-call one or two streets?
bet-check-check?

Old
Fri Mar 22, 2013, 02:45 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Espada,

First of all I think it may be better in spots like this to flat call preflop rather than 3b. This guy doesn't like to fold it seems, so when we 3B we are often going to be playing a bloated pot out of position with king high against sticky villain, not terribly exciting. Where as when we flat we'll keep the pot smaller and his range as wide as possible, meaning when we hit a pair on the flop it will often be top pair and usually be the best hand as well, and we can extract value from sticky opponents who can't lay down worse kickers, 2nd pair, etc., and with his range as wide as possible he'll make more of those weak made hands with which to station us with.

As played I don't mind checking the turn, but I would do so with the intent to call at least 1 bet. And his bet sizing is so small here, it really looks like a weak holding not wanting to give AK a free card, so I would definitely continue vs. this bet and probably bet the river now. Reason being on a blank river weak 1 pairs like 88 may well check down since they can beat AK, but a sticky guy will pay us off if we lead now, especially after check-calling the turn.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com