Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Raise or Fold

Old
Raise or Fold - Fri Mar 22, 2013, 06:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Hello! I noticed free offer with money, wanting to know if I can participate in this promotion? Ty

Old
Fri Mar 22, 2013, 06:52 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 23, 2013, 06:49 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenKKate View Post
Hello! I noticed free offer with money, wanting to know if I can participate in this promotion? Ty
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 23, 2013, 09:35 AM
(#4)
This is the hand. Did I make good dissisions or not ?

Old
(#5)
I think I've done all the steps. Can I get my prize?

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 02:52 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 03:25 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi QueenKKate!

With QJ from the hijack, I get an open-shove and a call in front of me. With my hand being a marginal hand at best with a shove and a call already, I need to muck here and look for a better spot either with better cards or when I can be in position with less opps in the pot.

If I did end up in the pot, I'm shoving the flop here. With 5 opps, I'd need to make a pot-sized bet and since I don't have that much, I need to shove and hope for the best.

The best decision here is to muck a marginal hand preflop.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
(#8)
thank you! I'll keep your advice in mind. the virtual money we considered a good hand.

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 01:50 PM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thumbs up
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 04:29 PM
(#10)
1) My hand

2) List 3 reasons:

- presure on opponents,
- bluff people,
- protectect against strong draws

3) I passed

Last edited by QueenKKate; Tue Mar 26, 2013 at 02:38 PM..

Old
Thumbs up
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 02:41 PM
(#11)
I he made the 3 steps.

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 10:01 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I he made the 3 steps.
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 11:41 AM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi QueenKate! I'll take a look at this hand for you.

A9s can be a tricky hand to play, especially out of position (you're in the blinds here), as you can never be sure if you have the best hand when you flop a pair of aces, because AT+ has you outkicked. With this hand, I'm usually looking to win a small pot when no one has an ace, or to try and hit the nut flush. I think it's good enough to call in the blinds with against an early/middle position raise, especially as the UTG limper will probably come along, to give you decent pot odds if you flop the nut flush draw.
So you call and see a 3-way flop.

This flop is very good for you. You have top pair + the nut draw. You've got decent equity, even against a set. Villain pots it, so I'd expect him to have at least top pair, probably with a a better ace than yours, so I'd focus solely on flush outs here.
Calling is fine.
The turn brings another jack. This card is not so good. If villain was continuation betting with Jx, he now has trips, so your ace is definitely no good. AK/AQ are still beating you, but you're now chopping w AT. If villain has AJ for a full house, you're drawing dead. If this villain would also open 44, that's got a boat too. There's also a very small chance that villain has JJ and just made quads.
I'm always wary of chasing straights/flushes when the board pairs, because it means full houses are possible. If villain bets small on the turn, and stacks are quite deep, you usually have the (implied) odds to call again, hoping to bink a flush on the river.
Here, villain more or less shoves all in, betting 1.38 into 73c. This is a scary bet. It's possible villain is doing this with a hand you beat (a kind of "scared" overbet with A5 or junk like that), but there are also a bunch of hands that have you crushed. Let's suppose that your flush outs will be enough to win the hand.
With 9 outs, the chance you make the flush is about 20%. If we need to contribute more than 20% of the final pot here, then it is not a profitable call.
The amount you have to call into the final pot is 1.38 into (0.73+1.38+1.38). As a fraction, it's 138/349. As a percentage, it's 39.5%.
So if we get our stack in here, we need to win the hand about 40% of the time in order to make a long-term profit. I'm afraid that you simply don't have that much equity. The flush draw only gives you 20%, and even that would lose to a boat.
So the correct play on the turn is a fold. You're nearly always getting it in bad (or dead) in this spot.

The main lessons to learn here are:
* With weaker aces (worse than AQ), try to play a small pot with one pair. If you find yourself in a big pot with one pair, you're usually losing it.
* Play suited aces mainly for their flush potential.
* Be concerned about full houses/quads when you have a flush draw and the board pairs.
* Don't call overbets when you are still drawing. You almost never have the right price to do so.

Hope this helps. Better luck in the next stage of this promotion!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thumbs up
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 01:09 PM
(#14)
Thank you very much for the advice, I will keep in mind the following games.

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 06:30 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I he made the 3 steps.
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 01:41 PM
(#16)
Hello, I reached the 10 FPP. My next buy in pls \:d/

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 07:41 PM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello, I reached the 10 FPP. My next buy in pls \:d/
Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know when you get it

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thumbs up
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 05:46 AM
(#18)
Fpp: 10,36 :d

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 05:52 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Fpp: 10,36 :d
Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus.

(Any VPPs earned before you got your last bonus don't count.)

Let us know when you get it

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 09:09 PM
(#20)
VPPs: 20,46 hihi bonus come to me.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com