Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Would like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Would like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion. - Sat Mar 23, 2013, 12:38 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi I'm new and I'd like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion, as it is a great opportunity for me.

Old
Sat Mar 23, 2013, 06:40 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoS_I_Am1 View Post
Hi I'm new and I'd like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion, as it is a great opportunity for me.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 04:46 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 06:47 AM
(#4)

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 06:50 AM
(#5)

Could i have tricked him into thinking i had an ace or flush?

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 12:47 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 03:19 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi NoS_I_Am1!

With K7o from UTG, I'm going to muck this preflop. When playing out of position, especially from early position, I only want to be playing premium hands. I'll even muck AQo from UTG, since it's so easy to be behind, along with the huge positional disadvantage. Patience and mucking marginal/bad hands preflop is a key that winning players need to have.

If I was in the hand, with an A on the board and multiple players in the hand, I want to check/fold the flop, turn or river unless my hand improves. There are too many opps out there that will not fold an ace and anyone that has an ace here has me crushed. I want to be putting chips into the pot when I'm ahead, not when I'm behind.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 02:55 AM
(#8)
Thank you, it makes perfect sense and I trust it will help.

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 02:37 PM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thank you, it makes perfect sense and I trust it will help.
Let me know when you pass the Poker Basic course

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 03:33 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Let me know when you pass the Poker Basic course

Raiser
I have passed the Basic Course.

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 07:02 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have passed the Basic Course.
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 12:03 PM
(#12)

Feel like I could've got more from that hand, especially if i had bet the river.

Last edited by NoS_I_Am1; Wed Mar 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM..

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 10:03 AM
(#13)
Hi, RoyalRaise85
I have posted the hand and passed the cash game quiz. But I'm not able to watch the bet sizing video at the moment as I still have to install a newer version of flash player. I will only be able to install it in about 2 weeks because a password which I do not have is required.

Last edited by NoS_I_Am1; Tue Mar 18, 2014 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: Spelling error

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 06:30 PM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi, RoyalRaise85
I have posted the hand and passed the cash game quiz. But I'm not able to watch the bet sizing video at the moment as I still have to install a newer version of flash player. I will only be able to install it in about 2 weeks because a password which I do not have is required.
Great, we've credited you with your 2nd bonus and one of the Hand Analysis guys will review your hand within the next 24 hours

Once he does this I'll advise on the next step.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 11:47 PM
(#15)
Thank You!

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 11:14 AM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi NoS_I_Am1,

I like the call preflop given the price. I think we can both lead turn and x/c with our overcard, OESD, and backdoor flush. As played, I think I prefer betting the turn for value from worse one pair, 2pair, and flush draws and plan to bet the river too when called.

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 07:16 PM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thank You!
Congratulations!

We have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com