Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6 Max TPTK Streets of Value?

Old
10NL 6 Max TPTK Streets of Value? - Sat Mar 23, 2013, 05:13 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Villain's an unknown, first few hands with him. Another player just left so 2 of us remain.

Later he turns out to be 15/10, AF 1.0 over 54 hands.

Should have bet larger OTF and OTT. Was thinking hands like AT, AJ and JTwould have raised me OTF or OTT, thus putting him on Ax. Chose to bet/fold the River.

On this board we beat AQ, Ax hands, lose to KQ, AJ, AT, JT, TT, Tx hands.

Should we have check-call or bet-folded the River? If check-call, what size is comfortable to be calling?

Last edited by TheAwesomeNW; Sat Mar 23, 2013 at 05:16 AM..

Old
Sat Mar 23, 2013, 06:31 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey Awesome

I think this would be a terrible spot to check-call river. Villain doesn't really have much incentive to bet worse hands. However, he is likely to call worse hands should he face a bet from us. So I would go for bet/fold. We target worse AX and JX of which there should be plenty of combinations since those are the most likely hands to call flop and call turn.

I think preflop size is fine and postflop line is fine if you bet/folded. It is really hard for him to bluff here since he would have to have a Q9/K9/89 type hand. He is going to have value more often than your pot odds give you to call.

Old
Sat Mar 23, 2013, 11:55 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
Glad that bet/fold line was right since he can call with worse. And I finally found the Fold BTN lol

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com