Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

makili85

Old
makili85 - Sat Mar 23, 2013, 05:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi,
I would like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.
Best regards.

Old
Sat Mar 23, 2013, 07:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 05:13 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by makili85 View Post
Hi,
I would like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.
Best regards.
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Hand history - Tue Mar 26, 2013, 03:39 AM
(#4)

This is my hand history.
I haven't seen your post on time and in meanwhile I started to read some material in your pokerschool and passed the basic course quiz before I posted my hand history. Hope this is not mistake and that I am still eligible for promotion.
Thank you and best regards.

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 03:41 AM
(#5)

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 02:33 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 02:46 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi makili85!

With A7s from the BB, while I can certainly call, with a passive field, I'm going to make a standard raise here to try and get some of the opps to call. I'll raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so with 5 limpers, I'll raise to 8BB or 16 chips.

I flop top pair with a bad kicker and here is why I wanted to lessen the field preflop. Due to the large number of opps in the hand, I now need to make a pot sized bet of 28 chips here. If there were less opps, then I could bet less.

Since anyone that called my pot bet on the flop could easily be ahead of me, when the turn does not improve me, I'm going to check and hope to see a free river card.

The river also does not help me and with the large number of opps left, I have two choices here. I can check and hope to get to a cheap showdown (what I will do the overwhelming majority of the time), or I can make a value bet. However, with the large number of opps, I'd need to make a pot-sized bet of 83 chips. I don't want to bet less here, as it gives the opps an opportunity to bluff, or to get more chips from me if they have a better hand.
When the opps make a very large bet on the river, top pair with a bad kicker is most likely beat here, so I need to muck my hand as it's not worth the risk.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 07:11 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
and passed the basic course quiz

Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 08:57 AM
(#9)

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 10:23 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 12:30 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi makili85! I'll take a look at this AA hand for you.

It's always nice to get the aces when there's action in front of you. Here, there's a limper. You want to raise 3bb (+1bb for the limper), because you want to build a pot and get value for your hand. By only making it 6c, the villain only has to call 4c, so he's got a decent price to see if he can hit. Make it 8c so he's making a bigger mistake by calling.

On the K97 flop, villain donks out. His most likely holding is a king or a flush draw, so I like the raise here. The turn is a nasty card for two red aces. There are now 3 clubs on the board (so a flush is possible). The 8 also connects with the 9 and 7 already out there, so villain can have a straight or straight draw too. When villain donks out again, I'd be very worried he has me beat, because villains often donk out with draws and then donk small again when the draw complete, hoping you'll raise again.
So I'd just call this small bet. I think it's hard for a worse hand than AA to call a raise here, unless villain is terrible.
The river brings another 8. It seems fairly unlikely that this villain has an 8 for trips (why would he bet the flop with 8x?) but there's a chance he had a set that just made a full house. Again, he makes a really small bet. If you're sure the small size indicates a weak hand like KT that you beat, then you can raise for value. Just be very careful about villains that bet small when they have a monster.

It seems this villain is indeed terrible and was donking and redonking with a one pair hand, so you got some decent value from his bad play. If all he had was a king, he should have folded every time you raised, because you were represting a much better hand. Nice one!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 03:13 PM
(#12)
Hi Arty,
Thanks for the comment and this analysis means a lot to me. I'll try to eplain my action here. I had a limper and that indicates to me that he has weak hand but in any case hand that he wanted to see the flop with. When I saw a king and two clubs on the flop his bet told me he had a king or flush draw. But also 7 and 9 scared me because it was very possible that he called me with K9, as that is combination of pocket cards that people often enter tho pot with. Third club on the turn and also the card from the dangerous zone ( as K8 is also often combination to call at this level of game) gave me a lot of pressure just as his small continuation bet. On the river second 8 gave me two pairs and I felt little bit relaxed as his K9 or K7 combination is beaten by me. I was kind of sure that 8 havent gave him any value cause in that case he would bet more than small bet, as I was a reraiser and he would try to gain value from my strong hand that I couldn't throw avay that easy.But, still there was three clubs on the board that gives me worries. I raised my standard 3 times his bet cause I tried to gain decent value and on the other hand not to scare him away as much as I didn't wanted to risk a lot because of three clubs on the board.
That was my thinking in short.
Thanks again for your comment.
I would like to ask a question that I have in my had, but not much poker games in my hands to give myself an answer.
As I saw in your online material a theory of mathematical probability is included in poker game. But what about statistics?
Lets say that three times in a row we have on the board ace and in the fourth hand I have ace with decent kicker or suited ace, and I am in position in both cases. Shall I enter the pot to expect ace or shall I include statistics and say that is not very likely that there will be an ace on the bord for the four times in a row? I think you got a picture of my question. Also with flush draw. If we have flush of hearts in one hand by any player and in next hand I have AQ of hearts, can I expect decent probability of flush draw or just say that it is not likely that much.
Thank you once again.

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 03:54 PM
(#13)
Here is 3 reasons why people may want to make a big bet

1) To put a lot of pressure on opponents
2) To gain value from very strong hands
3) To protect hand from strong draws
There is also a reason to bluff people of decent hands.

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 06:32 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Please study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Let me know as soon as you've passed and I'll get your next bonus to you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 03:52 PM
(#15)
Hi Raiser,
I've passed the quiz cash game.
Best regards...

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 05:56 PM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser,
I've passed the quiz cash game.
Best regards...
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com