Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Pocket ace

Old
Pocket ace - Sun Mar 24, 2013, 04:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi,

I would like to know If I have aces and also the lowest stack on table.
Should or should not I Push an all in? or depend on the situation and people who move first. Please advice.

Normally I push all in and lost to a set 2 of 3 Time.
Is my luck or my Skill I wonder?

Cheer,

Kop147

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 05:24 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
In cash games or tournaments?

What is your image at the table?

Are we talking about pre flop or on the flop/turn/river?

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 10:28 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi kop147!

Welcome to the forum. Here's a link that will help to get you more familiar with many of the options that PSO has to offer.

For me, I'm going to make a standard raise regardless of what cards I'm playing. If a standard raise would pot commit me, then and only then, will I shove. By making standard raises, the opps won't know if I've got AA, 77, 22, AK, JTs or even a bluff with 27o.

One thing that a number of players do, that is the biggest online tell, is to bet more with better hands and less with worse hands. When someone does this, it basically turns their cards face-up to an observant opponent.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 11:38 AM
(#4)
Thank you very much john.
It help me a lot to answer questions in head.

Cheers,

Kop

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 02:27 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi kop147!

Welcome to the forum. Here's a link that will help to get you more familiar with many of the options that PSO has to offer.

For me, I'm going to make a standard raise regardless of what cards I'm playing. If a standard raise would pot commit me, then and only then, will I shove. By making standard raises, the opps won't know if I've got AA, 77, 22, AK, JTs or even a bluff with 27o.

One thing that a number of players do, that is the biggest online tell, is to bet more with better hands and less with worse hands. When someone does this, it basically turns their cards face-up to an observant opponent.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

100% on point here.

To add one more thought to what JWK is saying here in an MTT/SNG format...another HUGE tell I see people make all the time is being on a push/fold stack (typically 10BB or less,sometimes more in a turbo structure...)opening for the standard all-in play a couple/few times and then,whilst on a push/fold stack again,opening for or something similar.

HUGE red flag that screams "I have AA or KK and am praying that one of you suckers shoves over top of me".

Keep your opening raises standard. The rally bad players...it won't matter to them. They pretty much aren't capable and/or interested in thinking about anything but the 2 cards in front of them. The regs however,DO pay attention and if you give then something to exploit,they WILL exploit it.

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 03:37 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I agree with Moxie 100% on that too. Min raises like that SCREAM AA/KK! Players do that all the time both online AND live.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 05:43 PM
(#7)
Thank you moxie.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com