Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Mar 24, 2013, 07:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi,

I would like to participate in this promotion and build my bankroll.

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 12:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 01:57 PM
(#3)
Hi Glatzenarch,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder update, all 3 steps completed - Mon Mar 25, 2013, 05:41 AM
(#4)
hello, I've seen tutorial videos and I have a somewhat interesting hand to show you

Started the hand with A8 offsuit and I was last to act, everybody limped in so I+ve raised hoping to steal the blinds or at least limit the field and hit something on the flop like pair of A's which happened. I bet 1/2 on flop as i like to have pot control with only 1 pair. Turn and river were blanks so i was pretty sure i was in good position but then in showdown player 7 revealed pocket queens and he had a set which he played slowly, he even limped in with it. Had he raised preflop i would have probably folded my hand but in the end i only won side pot. I suppose player 7 was passive or he was just letting me bluff my money away, I do not know but limping in with premium hand and not raising with set on flop was very confusing to me.

Last edited by Glatzenarch; Mon Mar 25, 2013 at 07:12 PM..

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 07:13 PM
(#5)
Also I have passed basic quiz as well, cash one too for that matter with 73% i think but before, i can do it again no problem if needed further in the course of this promotion.

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 12:36 AM
(#6)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 10:08 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
Hello Glatzenarch! I'll take a look at this hand for you.

You have A8o in the big blind and there are six (!) limpers. It's possible you have the best hand, but this is a very tricky hand to play post-flop, especially as you'll be out of position. You can raise here, but in play money games, you're likely to get several callers, which will mean you'll probably have to make two pairs or better to beat them all. For these reasons, I'd prefer to just check my option and see a flop for free. I don't like playing big pots with ragged aces, because if you build a big pot with this hand (or even AJ), you're usually losing it! If you raise here, then the standard size to try and thin the field would be 3bb + 1bb for each limper = 9bb = 90 chips.
You made it 70 and got 4 callers. The flop is AQ9 and you bet half pot. This is fine. You can get value from worse hands like pairs of queens and nines, and also worse aces. I'd be cautious on later streets though, because a villain with one pair could improve to two pairs, or already have a hand like Q9.
A short stack goes all in on the turn and your call is OK, but with other players still in the pot, I'm not confident that one pair is good here very often. The river also makes the Broadway straight possible, so KJ might show up here.

It turns out that a player had indeed slowplayed QQ pre-flop and post-flop. His limp pre-flop was a terrible idea, and he should also have raised the flop with a set, as he would usually get paid by Ax.

You played the hand OK and got unlucky, but be aware that when you come to play real money games, hands like A8 are not profitable, especially when played out of position. It's a hand that will often run into AT+, and can't make a straight/flush using both cards, so most of the time you'll be folding it.

Best of luck with the next stage of this promotion!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Wed Mar 27, 2013 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: typo

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 12:12 PM
(#8)
Well thanks for nice review, will keep that in mind.
Waiting for next assignment...

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 01:37 PM
(#9)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 09:40 PM
(#10)
Hello,

I have completed cash game quiz and watched the attached video, here are the answers:

-to put a lot of pressure on opponent
-to bluff people off decent hands
-to gain value from very strong hands
-to protect against draws

Also as requested here is the hand I had problem with

I flopped set of kings, played my monster very aggressively and my opponent just kept calling me and managed to hit a straight on river, i was frustrated to say at least but i was doing well overall. Played about 1000 hands and from 2$ made to 12$, now i am at 10 again but its just a bump on a road. Hopefully this is all you will need to put me up in next step of promotion.

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 12:30 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi again Glatzenarch!

Flopping a set when there's also an ace on the flop is a great situation, because it often means you can win a big pot. Here the villain leads out from the big blind. This donkbet usually represents a pair or a draw. I definitely want to raise here, to get the most value if villain has an ace or a draw. You want to protect your hand, as it's nearly always the best hand on the flop, but is vulnerable in particular to straights/flushes. You should make a bigger raise here. Your minraise to 12c gives villain a good price to chase a draw. A 3X raise to 18c or 20c would be better.
On the turn, villain donks out again and it's a small bet. The board got a little wetter, as the Boradway straight is now possible. Raising the donkbet is good, because there's also a chance villain has AT/KT for 2 pairs, or has QT or JT for a pair + gutshot.
A raise to about the size of the pot is best (30-40c). You want villain to still call with weaker hands. By making it so much (72c), villain is probably not calling with the weak draws. You'll only get action from made hands. When villain calls all in, I feel he has QJ for the nuts quite often, but he'll also show AK/AT/KT. Even if villain has the straight, you have 10 outs to a boat or quads.

You were unlucky here, but I'm going always broke in this situation. I'd just prefer to make bet-zies that achieve my aims more clearly. When betting or raising for value, I want to bet the most that I think worse hands can call. Often a good size for a raise is about the same as the money in the pot. (Notice on the turn in this hand, villain bets 10c into 37c, so a raise to 47c would be great.) If you bet too much, worse hands won't call very often, and you'll only get action from hands that beat you, so watch out for that.

Better luck on the next stage!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 06:19 PM
(#12)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 31, 2013, 07:30 PM
(#13)
Just a quick question, i received my 3rd bonus of 2 bucks now which makes it total of 6$ award money by stars but you said i would be credited my 3rd bonus when i earn 10 vPP after my 2nd bonus. Now I made only 6 vPP after my 2nd bonus but i still got 2 bucks. It doesnt matter really as i will have that 10 vPP made by the time you read this, i am doing great at the tables and always in profit but i am just curious, that is all.

PS I did have 26 vpp earned before my 2nd deposit tho.

Last edited by Glatzenarch; Sun Mar 31, 2013 at 07:32 PM..

Old
Tue Apr 02, 2013, 01:35 PM
(#14)
Congratulations!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the Poker Education section. Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on Bankroll Management at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com