Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Build that bankroll

Old
Build that bankroll - Sun Mar 24, 2013, 10:27 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Thanks

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 12:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 12:47 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello MDMCSU99,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Having trouble getting the video to play. - Tue Mar 26, 2013, 12:31 PM
(#4)
I cannot get the video to play. Is there another area on the forum to watch it?

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 07:16 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMCSU99 View Post
I cannot get the video to play. Is there another area on the forum to watch it?
Hi MDMCSU99,

I just tested the videos and there working for me.

What are you using at the moment, is it a PC or a mobile device, mac?

For the Bankroll Builder promotion a desktop is advised.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 12:54 PM
(#6)
Have a laptop, and it should work, maybe I just don't have the right program loaded.

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 01:31 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi MDMCSU99!

My guess is that you may need to update your flash player. This can be done at www.adobe.com.

Let me know if this fixes it.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Hand from Freeroll Tournement - Thu Mar 28, 2013, 11:03 AM
(#8)

I am in the villain 4 position. Didn't seem like there was much to do at this point. A8 clubs with a flop with 5c, 6d, 10c. At this point, one club wins the hand, no pairs on the board, and any straight possibility is beaten by a flush. Finally, I am sitting with the A, and no possibility of a straight flush. Seems like there wasn't much else to do.

Also, passed the basic poker test

Last edited by MDMCSU99; Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM..

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 11:52 AM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi MDMCSU99!

I'll be happy to help with the hand, BUT, this promotion is only for FULL RING cash games. Playing any cash talbes or tourneys other than full ring 1/2 cent NL games after you receive a bonus from this promotion will disqualify you from being able to earn further bonuses.

Cash game strategy is also different from tourney strategy, so what works and needs to be applied to one will not necessarily apply to the other.

With A8s on the button, there is an abnormally large raise and then a call of it. A standard raise for the initial raiser would be to 3BB or 150. Holding a hand with some potential, but is extremely marginal, I need to muck this preflop. A large raise from early position SHOULD only be AK, maybe AQs, or a mid/large pocket pair and all of these hands have my A8 crushed. Also, their bet is over 1/3 of my chips, which means that I'm pot-committed. Due to this, I only have 2 plays here, to shove or fold and A8s is nowhere near strong enough to shove into an abnormally large raise and a call of it.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 11:56 AM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Brilliant MDMCSU99!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com