Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL - bet flop, check turn, bet river line

Old
5NL - bet flop, check turn, bet river line - Sun Mar 24, 2013, 10:46 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi,

What do you think of the line I took in this 3bet pot with TPTK?

Villain is unknown

I bet flop for value and decide to check turn for two reasons:
1. induce a bet OTT and I c/r shove
2. I don't think I can get 3 streets of value from worse; so I check turn with intention to bet river to keep hands like QQ/JJ/TT in

Do you think c/shoving turn is profitable? and do you see any missed value by checking turn in this spot?

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 11:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi geo,

V1 is unknown but what about V5? I will assume fishy since he's open limping, you might consider not 3-betting a fish out of the pot here.

As played I think your post flop line is good. Without reads we can't expect 3 streets of value from worse like you said, so checking the turn makes the most sense to me, it should induce call downs from pocket pairs for a 2nd street of value on the river from them, and allows him to pull the trigger on any light floats getting us extra value from those too. I think checking the turn is better than checking the flop, as the preflop 3-bettor we'd be expected to c-bet a dry K high board when we don't like it as it's a good board to rep, so checking may look too fishy like a slow play.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 04:34 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Dave,

In case he bet turn after we check, we go over the top right?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com