Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Omaha Quiz Mistake

Old
Omaha Quiz Mistake - Mon Mar 25, 2013, 09:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
I noticed in at least one of the Omaha quiz questions there seemed to be a mistake. The question in question stated my hand as holding the 8d but also showed the 8d on the board.

I realise it's a new quiz so there's bound to be a few teething problems but just to let someone know to have a look.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 11:43 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Thanks for telling us about this. If you can remember any other details of the question please let us know, as it may make finding the error easier.

Good luck
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 12:13 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
If I remember correctly it was something along the lines of: you have Jc9h8dTc and your opponent has *insert similar hand* and the board is *insert board that connects with both hands (including the 8d tho)*, how many turn cards give you the winning hand?

Sorry I can't be more help, I should have copied it down.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 01:17 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
If anyone else spots a mistake in the Omaha quiz, we'd really appreciate it if they could take a screengrab, so that it can be fixed.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 04:58 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2011
SilverStar
I was going to post this but saw this thread. It was Question #2, and yeah 8d is in your hand and the board.

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 05:42 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
I didn't get a question with an 8d in it, there must be far more than twelve questions and you are randomly handed twelve to solve.

And it certainly wasn't question two for me, that was a question on bet sizing.

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 06:13 PM
(#7)
Since: May 2011
SilverStar
ah ic, well it was a question about counting your outs, i believe you had a straight draw+flush draw (and a pair of 8d8d obviously). not a big deal

Last edited by Rëaper4²1; Mon Mar 25, 2013 at 06:15 PM..

Old
omaha basic - Mon Mar 25, 2013, 08:23 PM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2013
when i clicked for the first time to start a omaha basic quiz it says to me than am not eligibile for the promotion.. i just want to know why i am not eligibile.thx

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 07:15 AM
(#9)
Since: Mar 2013
WHo is making these quiz?! I saw at least two mistakes on calculating outs? Where there is no correct pick.
Like 6 8 9 with two hearts you having 99qj only non heart t and 9 gives you nuts so two but no two to choose.
Really should pay some attention two these quiz... I have failed twice now because no correct choises to choose from

Last edited by KlLLAH; Wed Mar 27, 2013 at 07:34 AM..

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 07:38 AM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urosh Bre View Post
when i clicked for the first time to start a omaha basic quiz it says to me than am not eligibile for the promotion.. i just want to know why i am not eligibile.thx
Hello,

Moderators here have no access to members personal account information so for questions like this you will need to email support@pokerschoolonline.com and a member of the PokerStars Support Team will assist you.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 07:40 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlLLAH View Post
WHo is making these quiz?! I saw at least two mistakes on calculating outs? Where there is no correct pick.
Like 6 8 9 with two hearts you having 99qj only non heart t and 9 gives you nuts so two but no two to choose.
Really should pay some attention two these quiz... I have failed twice now because no correct choises to choose from
Hello KlLLAH,

We will certainly pass on your info but also it would be really helpful if you could screenshot these mistakes and email them to support@pokerschoolonline.com

We will certainly correct any errors we find.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 08:40 AM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlLLAH View Post
so . . . three non heart tens and a nine? Sounds like 4 outs to me.

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 09:25 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimesis.is View Post
so . . . three non heart tens and a nine? Sounds like 4 outs to me.
Yes, you are 100% right, the correct answer IS four outs, not two.

This is why it is always good to take a screenshot if members suspect that there is a mistake.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 09:01 AM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2011
I'm a little confused, as always.

In the quiz, when it asks how many turn cards will give you the nuts, does that mean the nuts at that point in the hand or does it mean the nuts considering what the river may be? Guess it should be taking the river in to account, but not sure.

Failed 3 times. Not managed better than 53% so far.

Did at last take the time to read the basics today. Was very surprised to find that you MUST use two cards from your hand. Who'd have thunk it. No wonder I've never done to well.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com