Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

$1,000 Omaha Invitational Tournament Discussion Page

Old
$1,000 Omaha Invitational Tournament Discussion Page - Mon Mar 25, 2013, 09:10 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010

$1,000 Omaha Invitational Tournament

To celebrate Omaha Week PokerSchoolOnline invites YOU!to a special Omaha freeroll satellite and main event with $1,000 added this weekend. Here's the details!

Satellite - March 30th, 14:00 ET

Tourney ID #707136960

This freeroll satellite offers 50 seats into the main event. You will need a special ticket to play in this satellite and there's two ways that you can get a ticket as follows:

1. LIVE TRAINING - Attend our special Omaha live training session. All eleigible members who attend this session will get a ticket for the freeroll satellite.

Thursday, March 28th, 20:00 ET REGISTER

2. OMAHA QUIZ - All members who pass our new Omaha Quiz between now and 23:59 ET on Friday, March 29th will receive a ticket to the freeroll.

Members will only receive one ticket for the freeroll and this ticket must be used for this tournament and cannot be used or exchanged for any other tournament. Finish in the top 50 and win your entry into the Main Event.

Main Event - March 31st 14:00 ET

Tourney ID #707136428

The Main Event will have $1,000 added to the prize pool. If you didn't manage to win your free seat then you still can buy-in to the tournament for $2.20 and all you will need to play is your PSO Members ticket. If you have not yet got your member ticket then do so now by passing the Poker Basics quiz and you will receive your ticket within 24 hours of passing the quiz.

If you have any questions to ask about this promotion please do so in the Forum.

Wishing everyone the very best of luck!

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Mon Mar 25, 2013 at 10:48 AM..

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 11:01 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Another great promotion for PSO members!

I passed the quiz, but it was a lot harder than expected. (Counting all those outs can take a while!)

I'll see a few of you in the freeroll, so good luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 06:00 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
Another great promotion for PSO members!

I passed the quiz, but it was a lot harder than expected. (Counting all those outs can take a while!)

I'll see a few of you in the freeroll, so good luck!
Agree with arty on this one, glad to see PSO putting out a non NLHE out there, especially my old second game.

Also found the quiz fairly easy myself, getting 75% first attempt.

'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 06:07 PM
(#4)
I passed the Omaha quiz and now in my tournament tickets I have: 2 X Poker School Omaha Ticket : issued on March 25th 2013 and expires April 7th 2013, but neither of them will allow me to enter the freeroll satellite.

But, they will allow me free entry to sit and go Omaha games with a buy in of $1.50c.

I didn't expect these tickets, I expected the freeroll satty one.

Will I receive one ? even if I attend the Live Training session ? or will I have to buy into the main event ?

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 06:51 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
I passed the Omaha quiz and now in my tournament tickets I have: 2 X Poker School Omaha Ticket : issued on March 25th 2013 and expires April 7th 2013, but neither of them will allow me to enter the freeroll satellite.

But, they will allow me free entry to sit and go Omaha games with a buy in of $1.50c.

I didn't expect these tickets, I expected the freeroll satty one.

Will I receive one ? even if I attend the Live Training session ? or will I have to buy into the main event ?

yes you will get one

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 07:19 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronh1967 View Post
yes you will get one
The ticket has arrived, but those other two are very much appreciated.

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 12:52 AM
(#7)
Woooh took a break from stars and come back to see Omaha promos. Finally! Embrace the dark side

You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 02:08 AM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2010
Long time since I played any Omaha, and then mainly Hi/Lo 2nl cash, but I managed to pass the quiz first time, (83% so need to work out which 2 I got wrong..) Will try to make Live Training Thursday as well, definitely need some pointers. Going to practice in a 5FPP tourney. Another fun and valuable promo - cheers PSO.

Ed from Edinburgh -EdinFreeMan

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 04:55 AM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
I managed to pass the quiz first time, (83% so need to work out which 2 I got wrong..)
are you me?

Thanks for the tickets though PSO! With more new players trying out the game it should be easier to put them to good use

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 01:14 AM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2010
Thank you so much for the free omaha tickets!!!! I passed the omaha quiz and am looking forward to playing in the freeroll.

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 02:48 PM
(#11)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
I passed the quiz, got my 2 x $1.50 sng tickets and the omaha special tourney ticket.. I log on today and my Omaha freeroll ticket has disappeared !!

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 05:23 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BIRD1 View Post
I passed the quiz, got my 2 x $1.50 sng tickets and the omaha special tourney ticket.. I log on today and my Omaha freeroll ticket has disappeared !!
Hello,

Please email support@pokerschoolonline.com and they will be able to check this for you.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 01:59 PM
(#13)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
How much longer do you think it'll take to get to itm? Im kind of tempted to ditch this tourney, since all my chips came from the sitters to begin with - when I have to play against actual people, Im not sure i'll be able to win pots

Kind of a shame there were so many sitters ... I feel bad for doing the same ...

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 03:14 PM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2013
i was doing quite well but busted 57 short of the ticket. So gutted. Oh well, I guess on the upside I can sleep in tomorrow :-(

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 03:46 PM
(#15)
Since: May 2011
My first ever PLO game just busted 74th.
Was never in top 50 but hey it was free.

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 07:07 PM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2011
Did the bubble last a long time? I was kind of glad to bust out in 90th, as I didn't fancy nursing a 5bb stack for 3 hours.

Congrats to those of you that made the cut!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 31, 2013, 04:54 AM
(#17)
Since: Dec 2011
Arty, no the bubble did not take that long after I think. Could win a nice few pots to get a stack in top 10 so was safe the blinds where 800/1600 at that time.

Old
Sun Mar 31, 2013, 05:59 AM
(#18)
Since: Feb 2010
I was happy to nurse my stack through the bubble, there were still a few sitters on other tables blinding down and I got a couple of walks in the big blind that helped me make it without having to take a risk in the late stages.

Don't think my Omaha game was very good though, so will be interesting to play the event today.

108 registered so far making a pool of $1,216 paying to 27th so a very nice game to get into.

Ed

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Sun Mar 31, 2013 at 06:02 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com