Old
10nl FR, 2nd pair and an open-ender - Mon Mar 25, 2013, 09:28 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012

only 20 hands on villain but so far he is playing
VPIP/PFR 14/9
CB 50
AGGR 1

getting a good a price, so i decide to defend my blind with JTs. flop gives me second pair, i check so does villain. turn gives me an open-ender along with my pair and because he showed weakness OTF i feel i have the best hand so i bet. villain raises which confused me. the only thing that made sense to me is that he had 99 and hit trips OTT. if he had KJ wouldnt he, probably, bet the flop? since its almost a min-raise i call trying to hit one of my outs. river is a blank, he bets and i fold
was the price he gave me OTT right to continue?
what else could he have played like this?

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 10:57 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Espada,

No real reads from these stats, with this sample he's CB 1 of 2 times and only played 3 hands preflop (1 passively) so AF can't be judged.

I think your line here is fine. I think we are usually beat here when we get raised on the turn, other hands he could play like this are QQ, TT, 33 for sure (lots slow play on a fairly dry board), KJ taking a free card as you don't rate to fold to a C-bet very often on this board texture, AcKc/AcJc that took a free card for the same reason and is now semi-bluffing the turn, or AQ+ strong 1 pair hands taking a cute line.

I don't know about it being profitable to call his raise tbh. Part of the problem is the hand you're drawing to will put a 4 liner to a straight on board if you get there, and you're out of position so getting paid off is problematic. We are getting 4.2-1 but it's not quite enough considering we are sometimes drawing to half the pot, and a ten may or may not be a win for us but we'll have to pay more to find out if we make one.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com