Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bandroll builder for me please!!!!!!

Old
Bandroll builder for me please!!!!!! - Tue Mar 26, 2013, 02:06 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
BronzeStar
I want to be part of the Bankroll Builder promotion. I'm ready now. thanks.

Nate

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 09:53 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 10:23 AM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello teawithafee,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
I've done all the steps. Here is a replay of a hand - Fri Apr 05, 2013, 08:03 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar

Was wondering if this hand was a good call semi bluffing with second pair. Thanks

Old
the three steps - Fri Apr 05, 2013, 08:13 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
I have completed the three steps. thanks.

Old
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 01:57 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi teawithafee!

With 38s from the BB, I'm more than happy to see a free flop, as it's definitely not a strong enough hand to call a raise with.

I flop 2nd pair and when it checks to me, I can go about this one two ways. I can either check and call a small bet if either opp left to act bets and fold to a sizable bet OR I can make a value bet. If I make the value bet, then I need to size it based off of the size of the pot, the board texture and the number of opps in the hand. With 3 opps and a possible flush draw, I need to bet 3/4 pot (600). I don't want to bet less than this, because then the opps will be getting the correct odds to try to outdraw me and I also do not get any real information on what they may have.

The turn is a total blank and if the opps had called a sizable bet by me on the flop, then I'm going to check here, as one of them most likely has a Q or 8 with better kicker and is ahead of me. Once again, if I did bet (which I would not), my bet would need to be standard for the situation to help to conceal the strength of my hand. In this situation, with 2 opps, I'd need to bet 2/3 the size of the pot (933). Many players vary their bets based on how strong their hand is, and this is a clear tell that turns that player's cards face-up.... something that I do not want to do. I always want to keep the opps guessing as to what I have.

On the river, a standard bet for 1 opp is 1/2 pot.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 01:58 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Brilliant teawithafee!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Was this a good call - Sat Apr 06, 2013, 10:09 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 12:25 PM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi teawithafee! I'll take a look at this hand.
You have QQ on the button, facing a limp. I'd make a standard raise here, which would be 3bb + 1bb for the limper, totalling 4bb (8c). Since villain limped, he is unlikely to have a big hand. When you make it 12c, a weak hand is unlikely to call, so you miss some value. With QQ, you want to win more than the 5c that's in the middle, so a sizing of 8c is the happy medium that starts building a pot, but isn't so big as to make villains fold.
Here, something odd happens. The player that limped UTG re-raises to 22c. If he was deep-stacked, I'd feel quite sick here, because the limp-reraise play is a trick that some players (usually bad players) utilize when they have aces or kings. If both you and villain had full 100bb stacks, I'd actually fold here, because I'll be getting it in bad against KK+ almost always. Since villain is short-stacked, he's more likely to be getting cute with random junk and smaller pairs than yours. Especially since you've already put 12c in the middle, I think stacking off is the only reasonable play.
Notice that your oversized open-raise to 12c essentially committed you to getting all in. If you'd used a more standard size, it's easier to fold if you get reraised and feel you are beat, or if you see a flop and it comes AKx. Don't make big bets until you're sure you have the near nuts.

The hand replayer doesn't show what hand villain had, but if it was KK/AA, as I suspect, then I hope you learned your lesson. Always watch out for the limp-reraise trick. If you make a standard raise to 8c versus a limper and he comes back over the top, folding QQ is the right play.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 01:42 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi teawithafee!

Please let me know when you've finished with the video, questions and the cash game quiz.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Here are three anwsers to the questions - Sat Apr 06, 2013, 05:39 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Hello again,

I watched the video and passed the quiz. Here are three reasons why someone might bet big
1 they may want to bluff people out with a decent hand 2 to put pressure on opponents 3 to gain value from a very strong hand Thanks. I have done every. Ill keep posting hands.

Cheers

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 06:00 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello teawithafee,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
the vips - Sat Apr 06, 2013, 06:21 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
hello,

I've got past 10 fpps. Thanks

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 06:28 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by teawithafee View Post
hello,

I've got past 10 fpps. Thanks
Hi teawithafee!

It's 10VPP AFTER the 2nd bonus, which was less than 20 minutes ago. It has to be 10 VPP after this only and the ones that you've accumulated before this don't count.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
my bad - Sat Apr 06, 2013, 06:31 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
my bad, sorry about that. Thanks. talk soon

Old
i've got 10 vpps points now - Sun Apr 07, 2013, 08:05 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
hello, Just wanted to let you know i got 10 fpps since my second bonus. Thanks.

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 08:19 PM
(#17)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi teawithafee!

It can take up to 72 hrs for these to show in our system. I show you now with a little over 17 total vpp's and you received the last bonus at about 12vpp's... this means that you would need to get to aroune 22 vpp's total, in order to hit 10 since the last bonus, which you have not accomplished.

Please keep playing with the bonus to try to get to 10vpp's from this bonus only.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
some questions - Sun Apr 07, 2013, 08:29 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
hi,

Is this the end of the bankroll builder?? Can i get anymore money anyway. When can i play other tables then .01//.02 tables?

Thanks for all your help

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 09:57 PM
(#19)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi teawithafee!

You have only earned two bonuses. You can earn two more (once when you hit the 10vpp's after the 2nd bonus) and one more 10vpp's after that. If you play any other table or cash tourney, you will be ineligible for any future bonuses in this promotion.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
I've got 10 fpp since my last bonus. - Mon Apr 08, 2013, 09:49 AM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Hi, just wanted to let you know i've got 10 more fpps since my last bonus. Thanks for your help

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com