Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL 10 AQ TPTK wierd action by bb

Old
NL 10 AQ TPTK wierd action by bb - Tue Mar 26, 2013, 05:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
BronzeStar

Hello guys sometimes I get into those spot with TPTK in drawy boards.
Many times I just find villains overplay their hands putting you on a draw so I called till the river.
Would you find a fold here against a 60/40 ag 16...?
When I get miniraised I never know where I stand, they might do it with 2 pair, draws or simply TP

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 12:54 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Mind,

Not sure about your stats tbh... against a villain truly playing those stats I would proceed with TPTK like it's the nuts. It's not the nuts obv but vs. a maniac it's good enough as they'll spew it in with so many worse hands in addition to the ones beating us. I am left questioning the sample size however as these numbers (60/40 A16) look suspiciously like 5 or 10 hands of data which means basically not reliable yet.

Against non-maniacs I don't think we're good very often here. It's not just a min-raise, it's a bet/3b line which looks super strong, and the min 3b isn't expecting you to fold to it, it's expect you to continue. I'm ok with folding right here tbh against non-maniacs, since we have little room for improvement on the turn, or you might call if unsure and use our position to see how the turn goes... but I'd be prepared to release to a big turn barrel absent improvement and reads.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Tue Mar 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM..

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 01:55 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2012
BronzeStar
yes you're right the sample size is small is about 30 hands so no reliable at all. But in micros you always find people that come, play a hand loose or win the stack and then runaway. Against a reg, sometimes I do call for info, and I find that sometimes they're just bluffing with A rag so I never know where I stand.
There's so much to learn in this game.
Thanks coach

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com