Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Tue Mar 26, 2013, 08:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi, i am new here , i would like to get some advices

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 09:47 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 11:10 AM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello lauriszrs,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Made those 3 steps - Wed Apr 03, 2013, 01:22 PM
(#4)
hi, I made those steps
this is my hand

Question would be, in real money playing what should I do in situation like this, I got 8888, should I rise after get 3rd, or just check and wait what other players will do.

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 02:59 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi lauriszrs!

With 88 and two limpers in front of me, I'm going to call behind here and hope to setmine (made the same play with 88 twice in a live game last night).

I see a 6-way flop that gives me a set, but also has a flush and straight draws. Also, someone could already have a straight too. When it checks to me, I'm going to make a standard bet here based on the number of opps in the pot. With 5 opps, I'll make a pot-sized bet of 14 here.

I don't want to make a large overbet here for two reasons. First, it's an absolute tell that my hand is a strong one, so I should only get this bet called by better hands (made straight or nut flush draw). Also with this, any hand worse than mine should fold, which means that I lose out on gaining more chips from them. Post-flop, I always want to size my bet based on the amount of chips in the pot. Another key point here is that this abnormally large bet is over 1/3 of my remaining chips, which means that I'm pot committed. On a bet that makes me pot-committed, I should only be making two plays... shove or fold and this is way, way too many chips to shove, compared to the size of the pot.

The turn gives me the absolute nuts and when the first opp checks to me, I'm going to check behind. There isn't a card in the deck that can beat me, so I'm not worried about giving the opps a free card. If the other opp bets, I'll call the turn.

On the river, with only a very small number of chips in front of me (1/3 the size of the pot), I'm now going to shove the river and hope that the opps call since I can't be beat.

The key with this hand is to make a standard bet on the flop and not to make a bet that is abnormally large nor small, as this is a tell for the strength of my hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 03:03 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Brilliant lauriszrs!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
made 1 part , played with real money - Thu Apr 04, 2013, 01:05 PM
(#7)

i had Q Q Q at the end there was probability for other player to get flash , and he get it, but did I made mistake here, because my chances were much better to win i think
I will try tu complete quiz as soon as possible

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 02:03 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi lauriszrs!

First of all, it looks like you posted your big blind out of turn. Don't do this. Since you'll be dealt an unplayable hand more than 80% of the time, you'll be throwing away 2c four times out of five. This money will add up over time and drain your bankroll. When you first join a table, click the "Wait until big blind before posting" option.
This is one of those rare situations where there are multiple limpers, so five players see a flop. Since no one raised, it's unlikely that anyone has a very strong starting hand. The flop is KQ3, so you have middle pair, average kicker. While it's possible you have the best hand, someone else might have a weak king. There's also a flush draw and some straight draws (JT, AJ, AT, T9).
I'd prefer to check on the flop, because although no one's made a bet yet, there's still the button to act, and someone could have checked a king. As played, you bet half pot and got 2 calls.
The turn gives you trips, and you're nearly always ahead here. Most of the hands that called the flop bet will still call here, so you want to make a value bet, looking to get paid by flush and straight draws, plus top pair. I'd bet more than half pot in this situation. You want to get maximum value for your hand while players could still be drawing. If they have a flush/straight draw and it misses on the river, they won't be giving you any money with jack high, so get value now by betting about 3/4 of pot.
On the river, you still have trips, but a flush draw gets there. Villain checks to you, which would lead me to believe he had Kx or JTo, because it's usually standard to lead out on the river with a flush, as he doesn't want to give you the opportunity to check behind. Nevertheless, many players will check-call or check-raise with a flush here, because they expect you to bet again after you bet the flop and turn.
The play I make here is the "bet-fold" play. I'll bet for value, targeting Kx, but I'll fold to a raise.
You bet too big here, 57c into 62c. This bet isn't likely to be called by worse. It will only get action from hands that beat you. The river is the only street where I'd bet less than half pot. If you make it about 25c, then you can get called by worse (Kx), but if you get raised, it's an easy fold (villain has a flush).
Always be on the lookout for draws that complete. On a KQ3 two-tone, the best draw would be JsTs. If either a 9, ace, or spade hits on the river, then you should be betting small and folding to a raise.

One the whole, this hand was fairly standard. You just need to work on your bet-sizing. Think of it like this: When you have a strong hand, and villain can be on a draw, you want to bet big (close to pot), to charge him for chasing the draw. When the draws come in, you want to bet smaller (half pot or less), so you can fold to a raise. We make money in poker by betting big when we think we have the best hand and villain will call with worse, and by betting small and/or folding when there's a good chance villain sucked out.

In this particular hand, you allowed villain to play perfectly against you. You bet small on the flop and turn, so he could chase his draw for a cheap price, and then you bet big when he hit it! Try and do it the other way round next time: Close to pot on flop and turn, half pot or less on the river.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 04:06 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi lauriszrs!

Please let me know when you have completed the other steps.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com