Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Tue Mar 26, 2013, 03:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
I would like to take part in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 12:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrestin View Post
I would like to take part in the bankroll builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 03:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Arrestin,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 12:56 PM
(#4)
So, I have watched the video and completed the quiz. I will post a hand history here from my last game. It isn't a play money hand, it's a freeroll tournament(PokerSchool Open Skill League).

PokerStars Hand #96287260968: Tournament #694986192, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level V (60/120) - 2013/03/28 19:36:13 EET [2013/03/28 13:36:13 ET]
Table '694986192 10' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: Eryk_PL (1150 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 2: dudoippon (1340 in chips)
Seat 3: D-Wolfgang (3115 in chips)
Seat 4: Arrestin (5630 in chips)
Seat 5: voievodul (6355 in chips)
Seat 6: 46882 (2625 in chips)
Seat 7: shrek460 (750 in chips)
Seat 8: carace86 (4450 in chips)
Seat 9: ashu1288 (3720 in chips)
Eryk_PL: posts the ante 10
dudoippon: posts the ante 10
D-Wolfgang: posts the ante 10
Arrestin: posts the ante 10
voievodul: posts the ante 10
46882: posts the ante 10
shrek460: posts the ante 10
carace86: posts the ante 10
ashu1288: posts the ante 10
ashu1288: posts small blind 60
Eryk_PL: posts big blind 120
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Arrestin [Qs Ad]
dudoippon: folds
D-Wolfgang: folds
Arrestin: raises 120 to 240
voievodul: folds
46882: folds
shrek460: folds
carace86: folds
ashu1288 has timed out
ashu1288: folds
Eryk_PL: folds
Uncalled bet (120) returned to Arrestin
ashu1288 is sitting out
Arrestin collected 390 from pot
ashu1288 has returned
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 390 | Rake 0
Seat 1: Eryk_PL (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: dudoippon folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: D-Wolfgang folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Arrestin collected (390)
Seat 5: voievodul folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: 46882 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: shrek460 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: carace86 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: ashu1288 (small blind) folded before Flop

So, I was wondering, when dealt a rather good hand, is it smarter to raise the stakes pre-flop to reduce the number of players that might get lucky with a better hand(let's say, a 7 3 getting two pair in the flop) or should I wait for the flop and give others and myself a chance to improve hands, but also to get more money in the pot?

And in case the freeroll doesn't qualify, I have a hand from a normal play money game here:

PokerStars Hand #96288211302: Hold'em No Limit (5/10) - 2013/03/28 19:54:07 EET [2013/03/28 13:54:07 ET]
Table 'Rana V' 9-max (Play Money) Seat #3 is the button
Seat 3: SNikolaj (525 in chips)
Seat 4: Arrestin (698 in chips)
Seat 6: PiM1977 (1800 in chips)
Seat 9: fieryeddie (2931 in chips)
Arrestin: posts small blind 5
PiM1977: posts big blind 10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Arrestin [7h 5d]
fieryeddie: calls 10
SNikolaj: calls 10
Arrestin: calls 5
PiM1977: checks
*** FLOP *** [3d Ks Qc]
Arrestin: checks
fieryeddie: checks
SNikolaj: checks
*** TURN *** [3d Ks Qc] [4c]
boom man6 said, "PEVO LE BACA"
Arrestin: checks
PiM1977: bets 130
fieryeddie: raises 130 to 260
SNikolaj: folds
Arrestin: folds
PiM1977: calls 130
*** RIVER *** [3d Ks Qc 4c] [Qh]
fieryeddie: bets 380
PiM1977: raises 380 to 760
fieryeddie: folds
Uncalled bet (380) returned to PiM1977
PiM1977 collected 1261 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1320 | Rake 59
Board [3d Ks Qc 4c Qh]
Seat 3: SNikolaj (button) folded on the Turn
Seat 4: Arrestin (small blind) folded on the Turn
Seat 6: PiM1977 (big blind) collected (1261)
Seat 9: fieryeddie folded on the River

And in this case, should I rather try to call the blind when I don't have anything good(especially when the blinds are rather low), or is folding the better option(saves money when it doesn't work out later in the game)?

Looking forward to your reply.

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 01:17 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You will need to post a Play Money Full Ring hand (not tournament) using the Hand Replayer only.

Remember this is a cash game promotion only so tournament hands will not coun't.

Please complete the 3 steps and we can continue on from there.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 01:42 PM
(#6)
I'm sorry, I didn't really pay attention to the second video and just assumed copying the hand history text here would suffice.

Here's a hand I just played, and this time my 4 2 hand would've given me two pair(not the best hand, but on the turn I had the advantage). Should I have folded it like I did or call the bets as long as they were reasonably small?

And another hand I just played. The starting hand wasn't too good, the straight on the flop was a bit far fetched(in my opinion), but it worked out.

Last edited by Arrestin; Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 01:50 PM..

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 03:58 PM
(#7)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 04:34 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Arrestin!

With 24o in the cutoff, when it gets to me, I'm going to immediately muck it. It is nowhere near a strong enough hand to play (it's one of the worst hands I could have).

One thing that we want to do as poker players is to not be results oriented. We want to make the best decision for a given point in time, as that is all that we can control. Once we muck our cards, forget the hand even happened.
-------

One tip for playing cash tables. Always wait for the button before playing. Paying an extra blind over and over will be a big problem for my bankroll.

With K3o from UTG, I'd like to be able to muck this hand immedaitely, as it's not a strong enough hand to be playing from this position. However, since the blind was posted, I'll check and hope to see the flop for free. If anyone raises, I'm mucking.

I flop and open-ended straight draw and there are two bets in front of me. To call, I have to put 50 chips into a pot that will be 166 (30.1%). I only have 8 outs, which due to the rule of 2 and 4 makes each worth 2% to get to the turn only. 8 outs times 2% is only 16%. Since my pot equity is almost double what my hand is worth, I need to muck. I only want to make the call if my hand is worth more than what I have to put into the pot.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 06:56 PM
(#9)
Hi Arrestin,

I'll be happy to get you to the next step (which includes the 1st buy-in), as soon as the quiz registers in the system. It's not checked as you passing it, so if you have, please send an e-mail to support@pokerschoolonline.com and tell them that you have passed the Poker Basics course quiz and they'll be able to help straighten it out. As soon as it shows, I can get you to the next step (a quiz pass must show in the system for me to award your first bonus $2).

Please let me know what happens.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 07:02 PM..

Old
Sun Mar 31, 2013, 03:02 PM
(#10)
Actually, I have made my first deposit by now and I think the promotion is meant for beginners who haven't deposited anything yet. So I'm going to stop taking part in it(even though I did complete the quiz, I didn't bother the support team with it, doesn't really matter now that I made my deposit). I thank the analyst for tips on the game and I thank you, HokyPokyToo, for the introduction to Pokerschoolonline.com.

I will try to keep learning on pokerschoolonline and pass the courses listed here on my own. If I have any questions about specific hands and such, I can still post them for analysis, right?

Thanks again,
Tanel

Old
Sun Mar 31, 2013, 08:08 PM
(#11)
Hi Arrestin,

Yes, you have free access to all the features and services here at PSO. Any hands that you would like to have analylised can be submitted to the hand analysis forum appropriate to the hand type. The hand analysis forums can be found under the Poker Education heading.
Thank you for being part of PokerSchoolOnline!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Sun Mar 31, 2013 at 08:24 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com