Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

Just an intoduction

Old
Just an intoduction - Tue Mar 26, 2013, 03:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
SilverStar
Hi it says im a member since 2011 but really im only really starting to use this now. My main reason is to try and improve my game and gain some support from likeminded players i have had bankrolls of 6k and 10 dollars so i can relate to lots of micro and low medium stake players.

Ideally i wud like for anyone who is interested to keep track on my challenges and such as i have extremely poor br management and i will often take shots at 300 dollar hyper turbos through tilt after busting out on ft bubble in mtts and 180sngs i really wud like to sustain myself as a low medium buy in player and i figure if i had some support from this community it wud make my jorney that little bit easier.
I hope im posting some of my posts in the right sections as i am newbie to this and i dont wish to step on any1s toes thanks for reading

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 05:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Welcome to the forum.

Old
Tue Mar 26, 2013, 07:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi McBinkerson!

This is a friendly place to be. A good way to make friends is check out the time vault threads, subscribe to a few blogs (http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs) and join in with hand analysis. There are also some brilliant training sessions (http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/live-training) where PSO members get to ask questions to the trainers. There's also a massive archive of sessions to watch at your leisure. (http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/lib...h=&ctype=t_202)

There's not a lot anyone can do to help you with bankroll management. Your discipline is something you have to learn for yourself. If you're playing 180s, then it's probably a good idea to have 150-200 buyins in your roll, so that you can handle the barren spells when variance isn't going your way, and you won't be playing scared, as you can afford to lose a few in a row.

For help with tilt, there are various books available with titles like "The Mental Game of Poker". You can find those in your favourite online bookstore.

If you haven't done so already, start a blog and put a link to it in the Blogs forum (http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...6-Member-Blogs) so you can pick up some followers.

Good luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 01:13 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBinkerson View Post
I hope im posting some of my posts in the right sections as i am newbie to this and i dont wish to step on any1s toes thanks for reading
Hi McBinkerson!

Good luck at the tables! If something needs moved around, we're here to help.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 02:50 AM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2011
SilverStar
oh no i get the variance and i no no one can help me with brm asd its a personal choice its just i felt if i had people interested in what i was doing and i posted my set goals for the week and had people maybe doing similar things it would help me maintain focus on the bigger picture and therefore eliminate my itch to chase the prize in which i felt i should have gained I.E the hot 3.30 turbo bout a 2 weeks ago 4900 runners i finished 12th for 88 dollars and it infuriated me as i was going for the 2200 at the top and i should be happy withh 88 dollars but im not and i get tilted by the fact i allowed myself to make 1 crucial mistake and maybe some encouragement would have staved off my angry spree of 6max hyper turbos that ensued haha

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 08:24 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2013
Welcome to the forum bro.

Cheers

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com